Fingbox stuck with solid white LED

RicardoPassRicardoPass Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
I moved my fingbox to a new home with a new router and plugged it in - got the red LED and no matter which network port I plugged it into could I get it to connect.

So I tried a reset - powered the fingbox on and held down the reset for 30sec until I got flashing white LED - I released it and it appears to be stuck on boot with a solid white LED.

Did I do the factory reset wrong?
Tagged:

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @RicardoPass
    I have sent you a private message to address this. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • gmayergmayer Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    You may want to simply WAIT for a while - they take a long time to reboot and reset.
  • kcarlislekcarlisle Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hello @Robin
    I am having the exact same issue that RicardoPass is having.  Can you send me the instructions so I can get my fingbox back online?
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    kcarlisle said:
    Hello @Robin
    I am having the exact same issue that RicardoPass is having.  Can you send me the instructions so I can get my fingbox back online?

In order to address your query, can you please perform the steps mentioned below and see if anything changes.

Check List:

1. Try a an alternative ethernet cable (CAT 6) - to identify if the issue may be with the ethernet cable (to note: if you have a CAT 7 this should also work, however, CAT 7 cables can be expensive so please do not purchase one solely for this purpose)

2. Try an alternative 5V power core cable - to identify if the issue may be with the power cable

3. Power source: Is the Fingbox plugged into a power strip/extender or directly in the wall? Some users have reported issues whereby the power extenders was causing issues supplying enough power for the Fingbox (perhaps an issue with the power extender). Please plug the power cable directly into the wall to test.

4. Is the Fingbox connected directly to the router? If it is not connected to the router where is it connected?

5. Ports: Are all ports required for Fingbox to work open or if UPNP is enabled?

Ports required:

• 80 (Internet Speed Test)

• 443 (Fing Service and Software Updates)

• 3001, 3002, 3003 (Internet Speed Test)

• 4443 (Fing Service)

• 5671 (Fing Diagnostics)

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!