iOS 14 new feature "Use Private Address"

StevePSteveP Member Posts: 3
5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
I have iOS 14 beta loaded on a test iPhone and started seeing my Fingbox detecting it as a new device more than once. It turns out there is a new anti tracking feature in iOS 14 called "Use Private Address". It is found under Settings/Wi-Fi/SSID and should probably be turned off for your Fingbox managed network. It will periodically change the MAC address of your device for that particular SSID.
Tagged:
RobinFerlautoBoomerangThree

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,073
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks for the information @SteveP. Really helpful.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Ferlauto
  • MegachipMegachip Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

There is a same feature within android. Ill guess since version 10

Robin
  • andyorkneyandyorkney Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    This feature, along with other issues has made Fing unusable on my network. Looks like either I have to modify lots of devices or find other ways to manage in Fing. Doesn’t help that Fing is crashing 9 out of 10 attempts to launch. Has been a huge disruption, so thanks for the update, at least I might be able to manage a mission critical devices without dumping Fing box altogether 
  • andyorkneyandyorkney Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Update to Fing app has fixed the crashing issue, thank you 😀. Gonna suggest to Apple that there is an additional setting for trusted networks so that we can keep the “use private address” but stop the activity on named trusted networks.