Bandwidth Analysis won't complete for IP Cameras?

TCUTCU Member Posts: 5
Photogenic First Comment
Hi there...I'm looking to run a bandwidth analysis on my Security Cameras, but for some reason it will not complete. It gives an error at some point during the analysis that says 'could not report on progress'.  The progress bar doesn't even move. I've let it run for about 15 minutes w/o any luck.  Most of the other devices seem to scan ok.  Any suggestions on what I can do to get it to work successfully?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,348
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TCU, can you screen shot the issue?  Also can you confirm which OS your using this on, including version?  Please include the version of the Fingapp as well.  Also moving this to the Fingapp section for proper visibility.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • TCUTCU Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi Marc, thank you for the reply! 
    This is on an Android device version 10.  Fing app version 9.0.4. 
    The green progress bar just sits at very beginning and never moves for the entire duration.  After 15 minutes, the analysis stops and you see the screenshot attached.  This screenshot doesn't show it, but sometimes it will also show a message at the bottom saying "could not report progress". 

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @TCU
    Can you please upgrade your Fing app to 9.1.0 which is latest version and then check if the issue persists? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, but no such luck.

The app is on 9.1.0 but my symptoms still persist. Any other recommendations?

admin
    TCU said:

Thank you for the suggestion, but no such luck.

The app is on 9.1.0 but my symptoms still persist. Any other recommendations?

Is the scan freeing up on one particular device or on all devices?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment

If I select all 10 devices to be included....7 don't work and 3 do.

The 7 that don't work are security cameras, a printer, and an ipad.

The 3 that work are an NVR device and 2 laptops.

Is there something that could be blocking it from being scanned?

admin
    TCU said:

If I select all 10 devices to be included....7 don't work and 3 do.

The 7 that don't work are security cameras, a printer, and an ipad.

The 3 that work are an NVR device and 2 laptops.

Is there something that could be blocking it from being scanned?

The issue might be related to these type of devices only which are able to create a virtual environment or it may be in sleep mode at that point of time. I need to investigate this further. I will reply you with an update.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Photogenic First Comment

Thanks Robin.

The devices are definately not in sleep mode. I have tried to run the analysis at different tines and the devices are mostly cameras sonthey are always on and active

Hope this helps. Thanks for the assistm

admin
    Hi @TCU
    Can you confirm if the devices are transmitting or in use that time and what is the IP address of those devices as only IPv4 devices will work with Bandwidth Analysis.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)