New Android Phone - Unable to login with Google login - cannot manage my Fingbox

AlanAireyAlanAirey Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
I cannot login to the Fing App any longer.  My replacement phone always comes up with 'There was a problem signing in' on a red screen. Without logging in I cannot manage my fingbox and I cannot unlink the fingbox from my account without being able to login first.  Making my fingbox useless (and restrictive as it auto blocks new devices).  I need a solution to this as without it, the fingbox is just a hindrance and no help.  If the website had the features of the app, at least I would be able to control from there but it doesn't,
So can someone help either:
1.  Remove the fingbox from my Google linked account and I will signup again via email in the hope this works?
2. Repair the Google auth to allow the app to function correctly?

Best Answer

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @AlanAirey. I am not sure why you cannot access you account on your new phone. After checking, Google sign in is working as anticipated. Do you have access to your e-mail address associated with the Fingbox? If so, You can reset your password from here: https://app.fing.com/recovery (and access your Fing account by entering your email address and password). 
    Alternatively, we associate the Fingbox with an alternative e-mail address for you. To do this, the alternative e-mail address will have to have a Fing account set up using that e-mail address. If this is the option you would prefer, please set up the new Fing account and the DM me with the request to associate your Fingbox with the new account (please mention the MAC address of the unit and the new account email address). Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,153
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AlanAirey, I've moved this to the Fing Box section for visibility.  @Robin or @Ciaran , can you please help @AlanAirey out?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • AlanAireyAlanAirey Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Thank you all so much for your help on this. The App works now the password has been reset and I use the username/password box instead of the Google Sign in. I can see my Fingbox and can operate it from this phone. Thanks again!

Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @AlanAirey, great to hear, thanks for confirming. And thanks @Marc for assisting also. Have a nice weekend all
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc