Fing should add an alert for 'new device connected' feature.

ywkokoywkoko Member Posts: 1
Fing should add an alert for 'new device connected' feature.
Tagged:
lov2krz

Comments

• lov2krzlov2krz Member Posts: 19
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    I really like this idea
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited June 24
    Hi,
    thanks for the suggestion. In order to check for the new devices, Fing app needs to run in background which will consume battery. The automatic scanning of the network is done by our hardware: Fingbox which detects and alerts you for the new devices getting connected to your network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • FerlautoFerlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 53
    10 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    @lov2krz - Here's what that looks like in the Fing App, once you have a FingBox.

As you can, Fing gives you a fair amount of control as to what (push) notifications you would like to have.

The Fingbox just sits quietly connected to your router (or imy case, switch connected to my router), working for you 24/7.  No performance impact on your phone.  The setup is almost a misnomer.  You just connect the Ethernet cable and connected the power and then just wait for the light on top to stop flashing, which takes all of about 15 minutes.  It's literally that easy.

Please note that I am not a sophisticated Fing user.

I had no idea that I could select to be notified of requests for access to my network. However, which devices should I turn on. I have 80+ devices connected that I have identified by MAC address with only one generic device I have not been able to identify. I know I can block it but haven’t until I know for sure what it is.

I have my primary router and two extensions. Do I select those 3 devices or all 80+?

Thanks,

Steven

I'd also like to say that finding the switch to turn on notifications of a new device is not intuitive nor easy to find.  Maybe making that a switch on the Fing app home screen?
    Steven