Database Corruption

AndreasMCAndreasMC Member Posts: 7
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Is it possible to fix a corrupted "People" Table within the database as one of my people's "profile picture" is rotated 90° counter clockwise and I can't fix it?

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @AndreasMC
    You need to see the original picture settings if it is clockwise or counterclockwise. Once you set the original picture correct and then upload for User on fing app, then it will work.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • AndreasMCAndreasMC Member Posts: 7

Hello Robin,

Sadly I cannot do that because every time I press the edit button (to edit the user in question's profile) the app crashes.

1) The screen goes black for 1-2 seconds

2) I'm returned to the main screen

3) The people section, at the top, is blank (see attached pic)

Help!

admin
    Hi @AndreasMC
    Can you please try to uninstall the Fing app and reboot the device and install again and check? Also, which device are you running Fing app on?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    AndreasMC

Hello @Robin thanks for your reply.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A8 with Android 8.0.0.

OK, I uninstalled Fing App, Powered off the phone, restated it, entered SIM & phone unlock PIN's then reinstalled Fing App from Play Store.

Sadly, the app still crashes when I press the EDIT button on my profile (it's fine for the other 6 profiles).

What am I doing wrong?

admin
    edited June 25
    AndreasMC said:

OK, I uninstalled Fing App, Powered off the phone, restated it, entered SIM & phone unlock PIN's then reinstalled Fing App from Play Store.

Sadly, the app still crashes when I press the EDIT button on my profile (it's fine for the other 6 profiles).

What am I doing wrong?

So if the issue is specific to one user. Can you create a new user and delete the affected user and assign the devices to that new user and then check if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)

I believe the "Delete User" option is on the screen reached AFTER pressing the EDIT button, but as the App crashes immediately upon selecting Edit, I can't get to it. Is there another way to delete a user's profile?

I did try this some months ago, in fact it's why I installed the Windows Desktop version (in the hope I could deleted the user through this method) but the desktop version doesn't allow editing users.

I can (and did, whilst looking for a workaround) create a 2nd version of my profile (it's mine that's corrupted by the way) but as my phone was already assigned to my original profile I couldn't reassign it.

admin
    Hi @AndreasMC
    Can you confirm if you are still facing the trouble after making sure you have the latest version of Fing app now?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)

Sadly the problem persists despite having the latest version of the app

admin
    AndreasMC said:

Sadly the problem persists despite having the latest version of the app

I have sent you a private message. Please reply to my message directly as I would require further information from your side to investigate this.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)