How do I move past the questions when starting Fing app?

OzzyOzzy Member Posts: 5
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
A new version of the Fing app has just installed itself.  When I start the Fing app now, it asks questions about me that I don't care to answer.  How do I move on past them to get to the app?
Tagged:
Etherjack

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ozzy
    The new Fing app gives you a one-question survey to know about the Fing app uses if it is used by professionals or others. You can skip the question if you don't want but as soon as the Fing app is re-opened the survey might appear again. It wont take a minute to fill. If you help us to improve the experience of Fing app, you can take the survey. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • OzzyOzzy Member Posts: 5
    Hi @Robin
    Thanks for replying  :) 
    How do I skip the survey - this is what I see:

The only options are to answer the questions, which I won't do.
    David
    Etherjack
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ozzy
    Can you restart the Fing app after closing? It will skip the survey. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    I can only close it by tapping the square (bottom right) to see recent applications, and then close it from there.  The left arrow (bottom left) seems to be disabled.
    I can start the Fing app again, but it just repeats the same behaviour.  It doesn't skip the survey.
    Thanks again for giving this your attention, Robin.
    Etherjack
  • ChairstackerChairstacker Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Unfortunately, this seems like another one of the 'improvements' that have been made to the Fing app lately.
    Why would you try to force people to answer a question which they are probably very likely to answer incorrectly of they are not given a way past it.  This will basically invalidate all responses by collecting a serious amount of 'nonsense' replies.
    Give people a 'cancel', a 'not now' and/or a 'don't bother me again' option and you can at least rely on the fewer, but honest answers.
    I have had a response from Fing support (who were quick to reply, and honest):
    "After doing further investigation, I can confirm that unfortunately it is not possible to by-pass the survey on initial opening of the latest version of the Fing app.
    I understand that you may not be satisfied with this, I have passed your feedback onto to our Product & Development team for future consideration."
    I don't know if Fing are being autocratic and arrogant in forcing you to provide data , or if they just made a programming mistake.  I hope the latter - so many companies end up with god complexes.
    Etherjack
  • EtherjackEtherjack Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Ugh...I came up against this today and came here to find the solution. It appears there is none.

Being presented with the app as expected, only to have it hijacked by an unskippable survey seconds later is, at best, poor design and, at worst, highly unethical. Any "survey" appearing in this manner (for any app) is almost certainly little more than a marketing data grab for 3rd party spam.

Big supporter of Fing (and Fingbox) since the old days but this is just crazy. Can't continue to use either until this is fixed. 🙁

Yay - this was fixed in the release a couple of weeks ago.  Well done Fing.
    Robin