What's happened to the ability to assign users?

antamyantamy Member Posts: 7
Photogenic First Comment
I'm using the latest Fing app on Android and the ability to see users and assign devices to users is no longer there.  What's going on??   I'm sure we used to have a users icon.  And if selected a device you were able to assign it to a user.  Neither of those options are available any longer.  This is on a network with a fingbox.

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 739
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Go to devices tab, click device you want to assign, then scroll down and you will see under "Manage this device" the assign to user button.

Ciaran
  • antamyantamy Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Comment
    No, that option is not there.  All I see is Remove Device | Ping | Traceroute | Find open ports | Wake on LAN.   There is nothing about users any longer in the app.  Find 9.0.4.
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 739
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm using Fing 9.0.4 on Android 9.

Perhaps you don't have the Fingbox selected in the upper part of the main screen? That is the only way this would happen that I can think of.

• antamyantamy Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Comment
    OK, this is definitely a bug in the app.  I have two fingboxes on two different networks.  When I switched to the other network, I was able to see People in the top menu bar and Assign to User in the Manage Devices section.  Switching back to the previous network, all those options came back too.
  • eArTh1eArTh1 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    I purchased this product for parental controls only and so far I have none. The People tab is not showing on the app. I can see (Devices, Network, Internet, Notifications).  I can't find a way to Assign User. There are no options for parental controls. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app. How can I get a properly working app? I need the People Tab to continue or I need to return this product.
    First Comment
    I'm trying to set up my Fing users for the first time.I don't have the "Assign to User" option at all. I don't have the People Tab either. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice now. It
    First Comment
    **Actually the tabs don't say "notifications" but rather, "premium"
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks @rooted
    Hi All, we have had no other reports of this. The People tab will not appear for 1 of 2 reasons:
    1) If a user is not logged into the account associated with the Fingbox (clearly you are in this case)
    2) If a network, that is not linked to the Fingbox is chosen (you can see this at the top of the main app display)

Next time this happens, just have a quick look at the network, to see if it is perhaps automatically landing on a different network (perhaps a previously scanned network). If so, this would explain why the People tab does not initially display. 
    Also, If you select All Networks from the Home tab, you will be able to see the Fingbox network from there, and if you have not selected the Fingbox network to show up at Home tab then from the right hand corner, you will see a house icon. Press that and you will assign to show Fingbox network at home screen.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!