Can't sign in with Apple ID

bwwhitebwwhite Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I installed Fing app on my iPhone--works just fine. I signed in with my Apple ID. I can do the same on the website. HOWEVER--no matter how many times I sign in on the website, Fing Community does not recognize that I've signed in. From my signed-in account, if I click "Support" and the "Fing Community", it does not see me as signed in. So I registered in Fing Community using my Apple login information. When signed in this way, Fing does not think I have any networks registered.
This is really a bunch of baloney.
My main question is--why can't I sign in with my Apple ID on the Fing Desktop app, which I've installed in the Application folder on my MacBook Air?
AND--why doesn't Fing Community recognize that I'm signed in to my account? VERY FRUSTRATING!

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,165
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bwwhite, lets get the Fing folks involved.  @Ciaran could you help out here?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @bwwhite
    If you were using 'Sign in with Apple Id', Did you allow Fing app to see the real email address? Please make sure to allow Fing App to see a real email address instead of the relay email address otherwise the relay email address is the one which you need to use to sign in to community and Fing Desktop.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • bwwhitebwwhite Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Robin,
    Yes, I signed in with my Apple ID. How do I allow the Fing app to see the real email address? I did not see that as a choice. Thanks!

Bruce
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    bwwhite said:
    Robin,
    Yes, I signed in with my Apple ID. How do I allow the Fing app to see the real email address? I did not see that as a choice. Thanks!

Can you DM me the Fing account email address which you can see on the Fing app(that will be relay email address) so I can guide you further? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!