FING APP on Android Emulator

Andrea
Andrea Member, Beta Tester Posts: 43
25 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭
edited August 28, 2019 in Fing App #1
i've just installed FING APP on my PC using an Android Emulator but guess scan won't work well
Some one test it whit some other Adroid Emulator with better result ?
Speed Test work well

VioletChepil

Comments

• Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 #2
    Doesn't BlueStacks setup it's own Virtual network Connection? Have you confirmed you can see the FingBox from other apps on BlueStacks?
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got little to add as I'm not familiar with this tool. 
    As you may know @andreawe are now working on Fing Desktop which will have Fing app functionality, with UI as well!
    It's going to be like a Fing mobile but app but running from PC/laptops, so very useful for any use case, from the simple troubleshooting to the IT and network administration.
    It's going to work with Fing Account, so any scan will be automatically synchronised in the account, thus accessible from the web interface.
    For this case, I'm not too share but lets see if others can contribute too! 

Community Manager at Fing

• Andrea
    ✭✭
    Pooh said:
    Doesn't BlueStacks setup it's own Virtual network Connection? Have you confirmed you can see the FingBox from other apps on BlueStacks?

no i don't see  Virtual Network from BS 
    And scan is save on my Fing Profile

i'll try soon some other Emulator

• Andrea
    ✭✭

"Each instance of the emulator runs behind a virtual router/firewall service that isolates it from your development machine network interfaces and settings and from the internet. An emulated device can't see your development machine or other emulator instances on the network. Instead, it sees only that it is connected through Ethernet to a router/firewall. [...] All addresses managed by the router are in the form of 10.0.2.xx, where xx is a number. Addresses within this space are pre-allocated by the emulator/router as follows:"

Android emulator network addresses