iOS app shows duplicate notifications for each event detected by my Fingbox

timcnichollstimcnicholls Member Posts: 4
5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
I always get two notifications from the app whenever my Fingbox e.g. detects a new device joining my network or a known device arrives or departs. Is this a known problem? Does anyone else experience it?
I'm using Fing app v 8.3.1 on iPhone 7 running iOS 12.4 , with a Fingbox v 1.14.5
Tagged:

Best Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I always get two notifications from the app whenever my Fingbox e.g. detects a new device joining my network or a known device arrives or departs. Is this a known problem? Does anyone else experience it?
    I'm using Fing app v 8.3.1 on iPhone 7 running iOS 12.4 , with a Fingbox v 1.14.5
    I'm not an iOS person, but I will do my best to help out as much as I can.
    For starters, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app again to see if that makes a change?
    How are your notifications set up?
    Could there be a redundant notification between Fingbox and Fing App that has been configured?  Do you only receive two notifications when you're mobile device is connected to your LAN?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    VioletChepil
  • timcnichollstimcnicholls Member Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer
    kltaylor said:
    For starters, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app again to see if that makes a change?
    Could there be a redundant notification between Fingbox and Fing App that has been configured?  Do you only receive two notifications when you're mobile device is connected to your LAN?
    Thanks for the suggestions @kltaylor
    The notification setup seems to be fairly typical for iOS apps, so I'm not sure qhat other configuration is possible. I always get two notifications for each event, even if I am not currently connected to my LAN. I will try your suggestion of reinstalling the app to see if that fixes it.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    There was an inconsistency detected which our support team corrected. Could you check the progress over the next few days and report back here if everything is solved? Thanks for your help. 
    @timcnicholls

Community Manager at Fing

Answers

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kltaylor said:
    Thanks for the suggestions @kltaylor
    The notification setup seems to be fairly typical for iOS apps, so I'm not sure qhat other configuration is possible. I always get two notifications for each event, even if I am not currently connected to my LAN. I will try your suggestion of reinstalling the app to see if that fixes it.
    That's definitely odd, for sure.  Somewhere there has to be a trigger that sends out two notifications.  Maybe @pooh will have some input on this.  I'll look again through the Android app and see what I can see.
  • timcnichollstimcnicholls Member Posts: 4
    Hi @kltaylor and @VioletChepil
    Seems to be working now again OK after an app reinstall. I didn't see any notifications initially (yesterday) but they are working fine today. Thanks for your help!

kltaylorVioletChepil
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not had any duplicate notifications - but then again I don't have too much going on in the Bear household....
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Seems to be working now again OK after an app reinstall. I didn't see any notifications initially (yesterday) but they are working fine today. Thanks for your help!

I'm happy that reinstalling the app resolved the issue. =)
    Pooh said:
    I've not had any duplicate notifications - but then again I don't have too much going on in the Bear household....
    Of course not, living in a tree and surrounded by honey pots! =)
    (EDIT) Wait ... how exactly are you receiving an internet signal in there??
    timcnichollsVioletChepil
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kltaylor said:

I'm happy that reinstalling the app resolved the issue. =)
    Pooh said:
    Of course not, living in a tree and surrounded by honey pots! =)
    Tiggr complains often about duplicate notifications - I can't think why...  :D
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    timcnicholls
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy this is solved! 

Community Manager at Fing