Fingbox Keeps flashing Orange light, and always "Not responding"

McGillWu
McGillWu Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited June 19, 2020 in Fingbox #1
After power on and off, my Fingbox becomes as follows:
1. keep flashing orange light, and always "Not responding"
2. fail to ping its IP (192.168.0.207)

Please advise how to resolve the issue of 'Keep flashing orange light, and always "Not responding" '
Thanks,

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Thank you @McGillWu, we will need some more details off of you to further invvestigate. Hence I have privately messaged you. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

McGillWu
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Hi, after further investigation we established that the Fingbox was flashing Orange. This indicates  "Internet unreachable for more than 2 hours. Please check Fingbox cable and ISP modem/router". @McGillWu checked the ports on the modem and realised that the Fingbox was plugged into the Ethernet port of  Internet modem instead of local router. Once this was changed, the issue was resolved. Thank you very much for the query @McGillWu and for highlighting @Marc. Hopefully some other users who may experience this issue, may find this useful. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Robin_from_FingMarcMcGillWu

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,795
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @McGillWu, lets get the Fing folks in on this.  @Robin , any direction on troubleshooting this?  The only yellow status explanation I could find was "fingbox is updating".  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • McGillWu
    McGillWu Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 19, 2020 #5
    Thanks for response.
    My Fingbox  keeps orange status for more two days! It is too long to update something.
    So, it should be somewhere wrong.