How to find details on a past "You have connectivity problems" notification

Mike_DuncanMike_Duncan Philadelphia suburbsMember Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Over the past few days, I have been receiving notifications from Fing Desktop (ver 1.4.1) reporting "You have connectivity problems in ... Network". By time I check what I am being notified about, an "All good in ... Network" notification has superseded it.  I think it is a temporary ISP connectivity issue (I have Verizon FiOS).
How can I find out details on the problems detected?  Clicking on the Notification sends me to the Network Connectivity Health page, which shows everything ok because the problem has gone away.  Is there a log that can be examined to see what is going on?
Regards, Mike
Mike Duncan, Retired IT Manager

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Mike_Duncan
    If your computer goes to sleep mode, then the network gets disconnected and in that case, Fing desktop(while running in the background) scans the network and let you know of the connection problem. If you are getting connection problems even after scanning the network again then it will share a warning with health check for you to check. At this point, it seems like the warning might be related to internet connection not able to reach. There is no logs unfortunately and the notifications is only way to know the warnings and on the home tab, if there is any problem, it will show an error code.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Mike_DuncanMike_Duncan Philadelphia suburbsMember Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Thank, @Robin.
    That makes sense, but I think you would agree that it would be nice to have a log to consult to confirm that was the situation.  Maybe you could pass it on to the Developers for consideration in a future version of Fing Desktop.
    Regards, Mike
    Mike Duncan, Retired IT Manager

Robin