Fing Box blocked by router Firewall

TUMAS
TUMAS Member Posts: 12
Photogenic First Comment
Hi all. I recently changed my internet provider and I realised that with my new router I have a firewall enabled. My Fingbox won't connect and it keeps flashing due to the firewall on the router. If I turn it off then it works perfectly. I obviously don't want to disable the firewall.. Is there anything I can do? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @TUMAS
    Thanks for your post. You can have ports 80, 443, 4443, 5671 open so the Fingbox can connect to the Fing Software servers. 

(If you are going to run a speed test, please also have ports 3001, 3002, and 3003 enabled also) 

• 80 (Internet Speed Test) 

• 443 (Fing Service and Software Updates) 

• 3001, 3002, 3003 (Internet Speed Test) 

• 4443 (Fing Service) 

• 5671 (Fing Diagnostics) 

Fingbox makes use of these protocols and ports. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TUMAS
    Photogenic First Comment
    Is opening those ports safe but? I mean they are closed purposely no?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    TUMAS said:
    Is opening those ports safe but? I mean they are closed purposely no?
    I have listed only the ports required by Fingbox to work. Apart from that if there are any ports that are open that are not required Fingbox will alert you for that.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TUMAS
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi All. Are the ports above still valid or have they changed. I feel a bit worried opening Port 80 and the others above. My firewall is on so its closed all ports, opening specific ports wont open doors to hackers?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    TUMAS said:
    Hi All. Are the ports above still valid or have they changed. I feel a bit worried opening Port 80 and the others above. My firewall is on so its closed all ports, opening specific ports wont open doors to hackers?
    They are still valid. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)