Fing claims "Not connected to Internet" & "Gateway is not healthy" yet here I am.

Answers

• Anubis2842Anubis2842 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    I'm getting a few of these lately on my Fing desktop app even though I have no connectivity issues. Even on a normal restart of the machine on an update or software install Fing will display that I had an issue.  Anything that I can do on my end other than a removal, reboot, and re-installation of the Fing desktop application?
  • boydwillukboydwilluk Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I have the same issue.  It seems to have started in the last couple of weeks.
  • davidbaisleydavidbaisley Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    I'm also getting this error message. Very strange.
    momcat1
  • morpheus2n2morpheus2n2 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Been getting this since the last update, my mobile app is fine and my PC is also working perfectly fine but the Desktop app reports problems that don't exist lol
    pedal999
  • ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 141
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a similar post. It appears @kltaylor is having the same reports, (I am, too), and he mentioned it to @Robin. Hopefully, Fing can look into this.

• ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 141
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a similar post. It appears @kltaylor is having the same reports, (I am, too), and he mentioned it to @Robin. Hopefully, Fing can look into this.
    ref: https://community.fing.com/discussion/4563/fing-claims-not-connected-to-internet-gateway-is-not-healthy-yet-here-i-am#latest
  • NetregNetreg Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I am also getting this error, yet my internet is working perfectly fine.

• RoadToadRoadToad Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Fing reports incorrect "gateway failed" & "not connected to internet"
    Clearly I am connected.  Comcast ... speed (by fing),  successful...
    28M / 2M   
    New user here, not impressed ....
    Fing works great on my android phone..
  • SirSpideySirSpidey Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Another user with the same repeated error reports when there are no perceived errors. 
    Also, there's a regression with an old bug: the app doesn't open up from the doc in MacOs unless you click it 2x in the the dock.
  • momcat1momcat1 Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments 5 Likes Photogenic
    I'll add some more observations. My laptop was running McAfee AV, and had the issue. I have since uninstalled that, and now use Windows Defender, still see the problem. I also noticed that in most cases, I will get the error when Fing runs at boot, but after a while, it clears the errors on its own and reports no errors. Until of course, later in the day when the connection does actually freeze up and I have to reboot my modem and router, which is why I started using Fing desktop in the first place. For 3 months now, I almost can't get through a 24 hr period without having to reset the modem and router. The ISP wants nothing to do with it, insisting that they won't look at it until I pay for an in house appointment. There's nothing to check inside. The line comes from their DMARC outdoors, through the wall directly to the modem. 
  • DavePDaveP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 8
    Me too, getting this periodically with the subject error report, and yet I can access the internet fine (including Google which Fing tells me it cant access)  Ive accessed my router remotely and everything is reported as working fine, so pretty sure this is a Fing issue.

Update 8 Jun 20:  Here we go again... MacOS Catalina V10.15.4 ... connection normal and all working ok....

• FerlautoFerlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 51
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to that list too, please.  I get on my Fing Desktop for Mac.  It's a fairly frequent occurrence, and I'll be using my iMac on the Internet just fine each time it happens.  
    pedal999
  • willingstwillingst Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 8
    Ditto!  Gateway is not healthy + Not connected to Internet...
    Wonder what the issue is - because it think it is - and I am connected... :)

Health check code: N40F-N801

... Latest check - no issue!!!
    pedal999
  • KaulfurstKaulfurst Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited June 8
    Same problem here w/ Mac Catalina V 10.15.5
    Also, getting light configuration on Fingbox os STEADY blue & green lights. 

pedal999
  • AloysiusAloysius Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 9
    same here : Fing claims "Not connected to Internet" & "Gateway is not healthy" / You have a number of issues to be fixed.Health check code: N40F-N801 / No Internet , but everyting works fine
    Windows 10 platform
    pedal999
  • Turbo_AlienTurbo_Alien Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited June 8
    Hi Everyone,  :)
    I'm getting exactly the same issue.  :s
    Fing Desktop reports 'You Have connectivity problems' but i don't seem to have any issues.
    Seems to be related to 'Unhealthy' Gateway' Error Message
    Error code N40F-N801
    Everything seems to be working OK but this error persists.
    Seems to only have started since the recent update to 1.4.1
    Any help would be appreciated, it's very irritating 
    Does anyone have a link to the previous version please?

• leovankoppenleovankoppen NaaldwijkMember Posts: 2
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    I'm glad too, I have the same problem. 

"You have connectivity problems

You have a number of issues to be fixed.Health check code: N40F-N801. "

Strange things are that I run Fing on a Windows 10 Surfacebook, Internet connection is perfect, and now problems in my network or devices. 

• CarloCarlo Padova (Veneto/Italia)Member, Beta Tester Posts: 28
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭
    Terrible inconsistency.
    Fing desktop reports "You have connectivity problems. You have a number of issues to be fixed.Health check code: N40F-N801" while both internet connection and speed test work perfectly.
    The problem appeared after the last update.
    Thanks for the attention
  • DavidFDavidF Member Posts: 27
    5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I am getting exactly the same issue as well - over the last several days. My Fingdesktop reports issues but Fingbox says everything is fine. No receivable issues on the network itself. 

pedal999
  • azimuthazimuth Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Similar experience here. W10 Desktop is getting the notification but my Android LG7 phone doesn't.
  • pedal999pedal999 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Same here.. Health check code: N40F-N801 on Mac)S 10.13, using Fing Desktop, but  Fing Box & iOS app happy.
  • OpaSmurfOpaSmurf Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    SInce short same problem here. On IOS as well on Windows 10. Intermittent.
    Now I know that I am not alone, I can sleep again :)
    Waiting for it to be solved.
    For the rest: lovely application
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, same issue on my MacBook Pro.
  • hopadhopad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 19
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Same issue here, I thought perhaps Windows 10 v2004 might be responsible - PC on Windows 10 v1909 same issue.
  • ChuckWhiteChuckWhite Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Is there any way to find out if this is the internet connection, or issues with my network/wireless? There is nothing I can do to respond to this notification without more information.
  • Turbo_AlienTurbo_Alien Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited June 9
    Hi,
    If this is a new problem it's likely you are having the same issue as others.
    It appears to have started after the recent update to 1.4.1
    For some reason I can't post the link but if you look for the thread titled 'Fing claims "Not connected to Internet" & "Gateway is not healthy" yet here I am.' you will see what I mean.

ChuckWhite
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Fairly new so that is probably it. Issues just like every other update I’ve been getting. 
  • James734James734 Member Posts: 24
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've been getting the past few days also on 1.4.1 Mac Desktop. Looking at the Agent Logs it appears to be some sort of SSL error checking in the GeoIP Lookup process. Not sure exactly what that is or what site Fing is using to determine IP Geo Location, but it appears to be having an issue with a cert.

ERROR 2020/06/08 12:36:43.892 === fing agent 1.4.1 - www.fing.io ===
    ERROR 2020/06/08 12:36:44.908 HeartBeatEngine | Unable to generate network signature: cannot find gateway IP
    ERROR 2020/06/08 12:36:44.912 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <Unable to resolve: Host not found (authoritative)>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 14:37:58.576 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <SSL Handshake failed: Connection reset by peer>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 14:58:29.887 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <SSL Handshake failed: Connection reset by peer>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 15:18:50.042 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <SSL Handshake failed: Connection reset by peer>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 15:19:09.361 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [INTERNET_INFO] <- error <SSL Handshake failed: Connection reset by peer>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 16:40:09.986 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <Connect failed: Operation canceled>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 17:00:51.730 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <Connect failed: Operation canceled>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 17:01:07.007 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <SSL Handshake failed: Connection reset by peer>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 17:41:42.703 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <SSL Handshake failed: Connection reset by peer>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 17:41:58.295 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <SSL Handshake failed: Connection reset by peer>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 17:42:18.300 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <Connect failed: Operation canceled>
    ERROR 2020/06/08 18:23:04.609 GeoIpChecker | GeoIp Lookup internet checker [ONLY_IP] <- error <Connect failed: Operation canceled>

macbikegeek
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Same as Lee_Bo. Catalina 10.15.5 MacBook Pro.  Don’t know if it is related, I think not, but my iPad Pro keeps disconnecting from my wireless network. Turning wireless off and back on again in settings on the iPad solves the problem for a while. Others are having issues with this per the Apple Community. 
  • RoadToadRoadToad Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Issue went away after a coupl of reboots....  Flakey though....