How to report wrong details of devices detected in desktop app

stevebythebay
stevebythebay Member, Beta Tester Posts: 16
10 Comments 5 Likes Photogenic
I've one very glaring error.  The device manufactured by dCS in the U.K. called an Upsampler is being shown as a Bang & Olufsen BeoSound Moment.  Seems the details are not known to me, though I think it correctly notes that it operates as a renderer (though it is really converting received bitstreams from one level to another and feeds a connected DAC).
Is there some means to correct this?
kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've one very glaring error.  The device manufactured by dCS in the U.K. called an Upsampler is being shown as a Bang & Olufsen BeoSound Moment.  Seems the details are not known to me, though I think it correctly notes that it operates as a renderer (though it is really converting received bitstreams from one level to another and feeds a connected DAC).
    Is there some means to correct this?
    Hi @[email protected] thanks for asking your question.
    The hardware profiles are updated manually whatever isn't found with a MAC address lookup.  You should be able to edit the information for that device and save the changes, that information will then be added to the global database and should be corrected from there.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • stevebythebay
    OK.  Tell me how, using either the Mac or iphone/ipad devices for the Fing apps, do I go about editing the information. 
    kltaylor
  • kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you select the device in the Fing desktop app, you should be presented with an option to edit the information near the top of the screen.  It's going to be in the same area as the icon selection for the device as well.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • stevebythebay
    Cannot see where I would be able to change the information in question.  I see that I can only change the name of the device (which I'd done in the past on my own) and location.  But that's pretty much all.  Do I need to otherwise annotate the "notes" section?  I cannot even find the company listed if I do a manual search.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,754
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @stevebythebay
    If the device you are trying to recognise manually and the company is not listed then you can make a suggestion to add those devices to our Fingpedia list with company and device name and I will take it to our developers for review.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • stevebythebay
    OK.  The device is manufactured by dCS and is called their Upsampler.  It's a member of their Vivaldi line of products.  I know there are other network products as well in other lines like Rossini and Bartok and others.  dCS is an acronym for Data Conversion Systems Ltd.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,754
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @stevebythebay. I have forwarded your suggestion to our developers for review.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!