Fingbox & Fing Desktop integration

2»

Comments

• PixelPixel Devon, U.K.Moderator Posts: 112
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    KayJay said:
    Hey, has anyone else noticed that the Fing Desktop app will periodically lose your network and "discover" a new one? 
    @KayJay i have seen this behaviour before & if it’s the same then the following article may help : - https://www.macissues.com/2015/05/18/fix-your-macs-network-name-getting-2-appended-to-it/
    The problem may be caused by having multiple network adapters active e.g. wifi & ethernet 🤞🏼
    Marc
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 273
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see why the desktop versions and the mobile app don't (or won't) integrate with each other.  For example, when I do a network assessment at a customer location using either my Macbook Pro or iPhone, I don't want that network to integrate with my personal network information.  But there should be an option to allow integration on a location by location basis.  Until that happens, the only thing I'm using my Fingbox for is to automatically block new devices, which allows me to see who or what is trying to connect and I can allow it or not.
  • tttttttttt Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Any word on this yet? I just spent a loooooong time correctly identifying all the devices on my fingbox network using the iphone app, came to the desktop and wondered why the devices weren't identified any more. I get everyone's use case is different, but for me I travel (or used to) and so I would love to use the desktop app to manage my fingbox network. Give us the option!
  • flashflash99flashflash99 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Nothing much more to say, except fully agree with all posts. I have given up trying to manually keep these separate product-data (Fingbox, desktop, phone all) up to date. Should be looking for an alternative product?
  • mjwarner641mjwarner641 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Def another upvote. Not sure about others, but it feels a bit like Fing is trying to juggle two products with some different functionality and features when what their customers want is that focus on a single great product. The Fingbox was a fantastic add-on to an already great networking app for mobile devices. Then this kind of sideways focus on the Desktop App which doesn't integrate with the other two but comes with a subscription service for the premium features. Kinda makes you feel like you're stepping through mud to stick with it. But it's still the best networking monitoring solution for consumer purchase in my opinion. I have faith. Oh and a linux version down the line would be awesome, if we're into the whole desktop development deal. Any Linux works. Thank the developers for all their hard work.
  • ageis11ageis11 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hi Guys, I will add my upvote to integration of Fingbox into the Desktop app.  Streamline the experience across all the platforms.
  • reygio349reygio349 Member Posts: 26
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭

I haven't read any new update from the developers about this . Anybody from Fing please .

I got the premium when the desktop app was available but regretted coz it made me more confused coz it shows that i have 3 networks instead of 1 .

ageis11
    ✭✭

• PixelPixel Devon, U.K.Moderator Posts: 112
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    reygio349 I got the premium when the desktop app was available but regretted coz it made me more confused coz it shows that i have 3 networks instead of 1 .
    If you have scanned different networks or use split SSIDs then Fing will display them as separate networks. I hope this is of use, you can check which networks you have and remove those that are not required/relevant as follows:-
    From the scan screen select my networks

When you get to the Scanned network screen swipe right to left to DELETE the network. Double check you are deleting the correct network as once deleted it connot be recovered & any edits you have made will be lost.

• BarrydotnetBarrydotnet Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Integration from Fing Desktop to fingbox would be very desireable
    ageis11reygio349
    ✭✭

And now with the new update my fingbox is gone and its annoyingly blinking green .

Fing just ignored its members and users request for integration.

• daved2424daved2424 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 14
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Agrees

In the early days Fing were great. They were responsive and genuinely listened to feedback. They really valued all of us early crowd-funder backers who essentially allowed Fingbox to exist.

Now they have been bought and have this half-arsed desktop application they have somewhat lost their way. You can see how much demand there is proper integration, and and developer or product manager worth half their salt would have thought this too. But nope. Continue ploughing on with what people don’t want. If you bought a Fingbox they don’t care about you anymore. Your original investment is meaningless. Want they really want to do is get you paying a subscription for services that you don’t want.

✭✭
    Thats true , I'm one of the backers and got my version 1 box from being a backer then i bought the verson 2 box and paying the premium when they launch the desktop app thinking that its integrated but after i installed the desktop app i got 3networks instead of one and worst is i have to customize again my devices since its not merging with the mobile app.
    NOW , this problem and my box is blinking green 
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,153
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if you folks saw this announcement from Fing.  https://community.fing.com/discussion/6463/new-version-release-fing-11-android#latest (Emphasis below is mine)

Fing 11.0 Updates: 

Overview : 

With this release, we are including the ability to manage your Fing Desktop network also via your Fing Mobile App, creating one platform whereby you can manage all of your available Fing products. 

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • daved2424daved2424 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 14
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    Marc said:
    Not sure if you folks saw this announcement from Fing.  https://community.fing.com/discussion/6463/new-version-release-fing-11-android#latest (Emphasis below is mine)

Fing 11.0 Updates: 

Overview : 

With this release, we are including the ability to manage your Fing Desktop network also via your Fing Mobile App, creating one platform whereby you can manage all of your available Fing products. 

I don’t want that though. I don’t need to manage my “desktop” network from my app. Quite the opposite. I want to manage my Fingbox next from the desktop. And reading the comments below the post it sounds like the rollout is going spectacularly badly. What a surprise. 
    Barrydotnetageis11