Display error of devices when using web site

parfimikparfimik Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
Photogenic First Comment
When accessing my fing information via the app.fing website, my list of known devices covers more than 1 screen. There is no scroll bar, but instead a banner across the bottom of the screen with links to page 1, 2 etc. However, this banner covers the bottom most device on the screen, and selecting the next page does not display it, as it assumes that info was on the previous page. This is obviously not a serious issue, but does need tidying up at some stage. I am using Firefox on Windows PC.
Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes!
Tagged:
VioletChepil

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @parfimik seems like it may be a bug. Do you have a screenshot you could share here? This could help displaying the issue and we can go from there. 

Community Manager at Fing

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    and @parfimik you are definitely in the right place :) 

• parfimikparfimik Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks for the quick response!
    Attached is a screenshot.
    The scroll bar down the side is not active and the part hidden item at the bottom does not show up on page 2
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robin any additional thoughts on this? Or shall it be submitted as a bug. 

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,360
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @parfimik
    As I have tried, our Web App does provide a scroll bar to check the devices. If your scroll bar is not active then Can you check that you do not have any adblocker or any extension enabled which is disabling the scroll bar? Can you also check the same website on a different browser and in private/incognito mode as this will automatically disable the extensions?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • parfimikparfimik Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    I can confirm the same symptoms in Firefox Icognito. However in Chrome the scroll bar is indeed active. Usually with these sorts of things I will try another browser, but forgot in this instance.
    So it would seem to be a Firefox thing and given the regularity of their changes it is probably not worth spending too much time on. Even if it is fixed now, some future update could well mess up I suspect. In truth I usually use the phone app to monitor my system so I am more than happy!!!
    Thanks for the response.
    Mike
    VioletChepil
  • MirekmalMirekmal Member, Beta Tester Posts: 68
    10 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Could we have option in web app to either use this calssic, paged view or to have one long scrollable list? Sometimes I find fast scrollig to identify specific device is faster than searching for it through several pages... Obviously it is personal preferrence...
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @parfimik for reporting back on Firefox. I guess we're definitely prioritizing the most popular browsers!
    @Mirekmal thanks or the suggestion, feel free to submit your idea over here!
    https://community.fing.com/categories/feature-requests

• MirekmalMirekmal Member, Beta Tester Posts: 68
    10 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parfimik said:
    So it would seem to be a Firefox thing and given the regularity of their changes 
    I dispute this - Firefox no more change their underlying rendering engine code than do Google with Chromium. Google do however have more say in the W3C standards as Chromium based projects outnumber anything else.

This is getting more and more like the bad old days of IE4 - which, for anyone not around at the time, was replete with folks complaining on how other browsers didn't render correctly when sites coded primarily for IE4 and not for anything else.

Right now Google has way too much control over the W3C committees - and that gives them the edge (no pun intended).

Firefox not rendering something that Chrome can, is not always an indicator of bad practises at Mozilla.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OK @Pooh I can report it to the DEV team as well and see any more feedback. 

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've checked in with @gideon and I guess browser uptake definitely has an impact on priorities. Nevertheless I'm having this looked into further. 

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update on this one -> the DEV team is aware now and looked into it. 
    I'll let you know about any update I get on fixes etc.