Fingbox does not refresh

genkimusumegenkimusume Member Posts: 18
10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
My Fingbox just does not refresh. I remember there was a "refresh" button on the top right of the Fing App, but now it is gone for the Fingbox (not for WiFi, though). Is there any way that I can force the box to refresh so that I can see the realtime status of my net? Thank you the Fing community for your help! 

Best Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer

Thank you Robin, I will try that and see if it makes the scan more frequent. To make it scan, let’s say every 10 minutes, usually how big the network size should be? Also, what happens if I chose “unspecified” instead? Thank you for your help!

Select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. These changes should help with the issues in scanning.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • cryptoknightcryptoknight Upper Southern Peninsula IslandMember Posts: 10
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    edited June 2020 Accepted Answer
    @genkimusume you should see the network size options in the settings, along with a label of "... up to XY devices."

For example, on Android, it's under [Account] > [App Settings] > [Maximum Network Size].

FWIW, my phone's Fing app is set to "Unspecified" for the Maximum Network Size setting and so far has not auto-refreshed in 20 minutes.  (This is the longest I've paid attention to that metric, so far).

Edited briefly, to add spacing 
    That's the good thing about opinions... they don't have to be backed up with facts.
    Robingenkimusume

Answers

• cryptoknightcryptoknight Upper Southern Peninsula IslandMember Posts: 10
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    In the mobile app, you refresh the scan of a particular network here: 

And in the Windows 10 desktop app, here:

That's the good thing about opinions... they don't have to be backed up with facts.
    admin
    My Fingbox just does not refresh. I remember there was a "refresh" button on the top right of the Fing App, but now it is gone for the Fingbox (not for WiFi, though). Is there any way that I can force the box to refresh so that I can see the realtime status of my net? Thank you the Fing community for your help! 
    Fingbox automatically scans the network every 5-10 mins based on the network size selected. With the new UI, the manual refresh button works only for network without Fingbox. The button was removed for Fingbox as it does not force the Fingbox to do a rescan. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • genkimusumegenkimusume Member Posts: 18

Dear cryptoknight,

Thank you for your answer! Yes I can see the refresh in WiFi networks, but the refresh button is gone in the fingbox connected network. But I see Robin just explained that it is indeed removed in the App for the connected networks. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

Dear Robin, thank you for your answer. But see my screenshot here, the scan is much less frequent 5-10 minutes. The last scan was 1 hour ago and I have seen even longer. And I didn’t turn on the “Slower network discovery mode.” Any idea how to make the scan more frequent? Thank you for your help!

admin
    Hi @genkimusume
    You may need to check the network size set up for your Fing app. The maximum network size you select, the longer Fing app have to scan the entire network size thus taking longer to return to do next scan. Please Change the Maximum network size to match your network size. 

To do this:

• Open the Fing app and Sign in.

• Tap on the Avatar icon from the bottom tab

• Scroll down and Click on 'App Settings'

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house.

Robin (Admin at Fing)

Thank you Robin, I will try that and see if it makes the scan more frequent. To make it scan, let’s say every 10 minutes, usually how big the network size should be? Also, what happens if I chose “unspecified” instead? Thank you for your help!

Thank you cryptoknight!