V2 Fingbox

GuyRGuyR Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic
✭✭
So I’ve had my Fingbox since 2017, and thinking about the v2. So I know about the differences listed here: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/fingbox-v2-faqs/
My question to those who have upgraded, has the new digital fence with 5Ghz been affective?
Any other noteworthy improvements? Worth the upgrade?

Best Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 800
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I don't have the v1 but I can say the addition of 5ghz is great since most devices these days are 5ghz.

You can see the effectiveness by the amount of detected devices:

GuyR
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @GuyR

There are currently no new features on the new look Fingbox as opposed to the original Fingbox. Both Fingbox versions operate on the same software. See below the main differences between the original Fingbox & the new look Fingbox:

• The new look Fingbox can run on 5GHz as well as 2.4Ghz
    • Digital Fence now covers full spectrum, any Wi-Fi device nearby is detected. On the original Fingbox only 2.4ghz is covered.
    • Digital Presence: benefit for detecting presence of known devices, even when they change Wi-Fi or go to power-save mode
    • WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection) covers the full spectrum, detecting any attack on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz
    • Wi-Fi Sweet Spot has been improved, in cases where the router and mobile phones are top of the market, the achieved speed rate will be much higher and accurate.
    • Hardware re-design: There is only 1 LED on the new look Fingbox (as opposed to 6 LED’s on the original Fingbox). Collecting feedback from our vast user base we realized that one single led provides a clearer message than a number of different effects, often misleading users.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!