New Network detected at every reboot

Hey guys, love the new(ish) desktop app as I've been using the android app for years!
On the desktop, at every reboot the app detects a new network and asks for a context again. I choose home everytime but it keeps asking everytime the desktop reboots. Is this by design or a bug; possibly issue with my own installation?
kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @webwolf thanks for asking your question.
    This issue has come up with a few of us and has an active thread/discussion happening here.
    I am going to paste the information that @Robin has requested to help you provide to him those details:

Can you please perform the following steps: 

1. What is 'Home' healthcheck saying? if you can share the report, it would be very helpful. 

2. Share the output of commands: 'ipconfig' and 'route print' from command line 

3. Share the agent log: To access the agent log files: 

• Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen 

• This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders. 

• Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder' 

• When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'. 

• Back in Fing Desktop, now click on the 2nd folder 'Open Service Log Folder' 

• Compress the fing-agent.log file also (without any number after 'agent' ), following the same process as previous.  
         Please attach both compressed files and DM me [Robin].

"There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • webwolfwebwolf Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    After updating to Windows 1909 and getting frequent hangs, I reverted to previous build and now Fing isn't detecting a new network at every reboot. There have been a lot of reboots since updating Windows! it seems to have resolved itself. Maybe a reinstall of the app would have fixed it!
    kltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Windows updates more times than not, has a tendency to break things once it's installed.  Let us know if you reinstall the app and how it performs with the new update.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @kltaylor
    If you are using windows, then there might be a chance that WinPcap is not working correctly. In this case, you can solve it by following these steps:
    • Uninstall WinPcap 
    • Uninstall Fing Desktop
    • Reboot pc
    • Install last Fing Desktop release
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!