I buy a used fingbox online and I can't activate it, this message appears Fingbox already active.

Zizoucap1020Zizoucap1020 Member Posts: 2
First Comment

I buy a used fingbox online and I can't activate it, this message appears..... Fingbox already active. You must be signed win with the same Fing account to use it. You are currently signed.

Answers

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Zizoucap1020, thanks for the query. This would indicate that the Fingbox is still associated with the previous owners account. Can you contact the previous owner and ask them to email [email protected] requesting to disassociate the Fingbox from the account. They should email from the email account currently linked to the Fingbox and reference the MAC address of the Fingbox. If this is not a possibility, please email [email protected] referencing the MAC address (include a photo of the MAC address) and we will do our utmost to assist you.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
  • Zizoucap1020Zizoucap1020 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hi, I contacted the seller and wrote me this message, but I keep getting this message, Fingbox already active. You must be signed win with the same Fing account to use it. You are currently signed.

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 273
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I contacted the seller and wrote me this message, but I keep getting this message, Fingbox already active. You must be signed win with the same Fing account to use it. You are currently signed.

Then I would send in a support email to [email protected] with the MAC address of the Fingbox and let the Fing support folks determine if the seller did in fact get the Fingbox disassociated from their account. 
    Robin
  • pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 137
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Fingbox needs to still be connected to the original network to be "disassociated"? I have a V1 that I never disassociated from my account (it never occurred to me), and might want to sell or give it away. I no longer have a network with the previous name.
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Zizoucap1020, please DM me with the MAC address of the Fingbox and I can check if the previous owner has indeed contacted us. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MaynulMaynul Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    @Zizoucap1020 , Could you please send me the link to buy the used one? i was looking for one from long time but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance.