backup fingbox

hkotashkotas Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
backup fingbox for any reason (RESET or for UPGRADE from V1 to V2) - necessary feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Tagged:
kltaylorpwmeekRiccardo
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,743
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @hkotas
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will escalate this to our Dev team for consideration. For all other users who feel this would be beneficial, please click the 'Upvote' button. Thank you.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see how this could be a useful piece to have with Fingbox, thanks for the suggestion @hkotas!
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,153
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m kind of torn on this one.  The need for a seamless upgrade doesn’t happen all too often and how much development time would fing need to put in to do this versus other features which would be used much more often.  (Can you tell I work in software development?).  

As for a general backup, maybe I’m missing something but isn’t the Fingbox’s setting stored in the cloud?  Or is this so one can do changes and fall back to a known good if they mess things up?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    kltaylor
  • pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 137
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    This might (or might not) have helped when I moved from V1 to V2 because I moved from a small apartment to a small house with a different cable modem and also gave my network a new name at the new location. Soon, I will be installing my Luxul system with the "hand off" APs (and yet another new name). Somehow it just seems like it would be simpler to record the MAC addresses of the hard-to-identify devices (like multiple Echo Dots) and rename them in the new network. I will also be adding a new "smart" TV. (Previously I had dumb TVs controlled by smart systems.)
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
    kltaylor