Notifications

James20James20 Member Posts: 8
Name Dropper First Comment
I have a phone running iOS 13.5 and Fingbox latest firmware version. I am not getting any notifications on my phone when Fingbox has been disconnected or loses connection. 
Does anyone else have this issue?

Answers

• James20James20 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 27
    I have a phone running iOS 13.5 and Fingbox latest firmware version. I am not getting any notifications on my phone when Fingbox has been disconnected or loses connection. 
    Does anyone else have this issue?
    Admins- please delete this post. 
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 739
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27

I know @Marc is using iOS, are you getting notifications that Fingbox sends out? It's working okay on Android.

@James20 What are your notification settings? Do you have it set as "A message for each event"?

Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks @rooted
    In addition to rooted, @James20
    Are you able to get the notification for any other device going offline? Also, Can you add one more email address to your account and see if you receive any alert or not? To add the email for the alerts being please follow the steps:

1) Sign in to the web app: (https://app.fing.com)

2) On the Top right corner, click on the 'Avatar' that will bring up the list of options.

3) Please Click on 'Settings' and then you will see a list of options.

4) Please add the email address according to your requirement  and then click 'Save Settings'.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    I do get an email notification.  However, I don't check the email and it would be easier to get it on my phone.  Many years ago, prior to iOS 13 I was getting notifications on my phone. It was convenient to get a notification when outside the home.  I will try another iOS device prior to 13. 
    I did go under my account and change it to "A message for each event" for ISP outage.  Then, I disconnected the Fingbox and waiting for it to go orange and no change.  
    admin
    Please check your email if you have received an email alert stating your Fingbox is offline. If you are looking for mobile notifications then it will not work. Currently, You can only receive the email notifications only.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27
    @Robin , what is the timeout variable for a Fingbox before its reported as unavailable?  I removed power from mine and after almost 15 minutes, its still shows as online...

EDIT:  Mobile app app responded after about 17 minutes...  Web app still shows it online
    EDIT 2: Almost a 1/2 hour before the Web app noticed the fingbox was offline...   no email yet
    EDIT 3: Email received.  Delay in email does not appear to be from Fing as send time was about the same as the mobile app recognition of the fingbox being down...

In summary...  about 17 minutes till an alert was triggered.  Mobile app received alert and email was triggered and received.  Web App lags behind by almost another 15 minutes.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    admin
    @Marc
    It all depends on the state change alert time you have set on the Fing app. The reason you are receiving many/delayed alerts for the Users is that you might have changed the state change alert from default value to different values. The usual default value is 20 minutes. Sometimes, when the device is not in use, it may go to sleep mode and then if the state change is set to the lowest value of 1 minute or 2 minutes then It can be recorded as offline or out of range. So, when it returns back from the sleep mode, it will be marked as Online and thus providing you with an alert. If the state change alert value is set to more than 20 minutes, then until that time period is finished, that device will still be marked Online and only after that time period it will be recorded as Offline, thus providing you with an alert.  

In order to change the alert settings, please click on the device from the device list and then scroll down to State Change Timeout(auto) and set the value to at least 20 minutes. It will resolve your issue. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27
    @Robin , from the mobile app, Fingbox was set to auto (5 minutes).  There should not have been a sleep setting in the mix as this was the Fingbox I was tracking, not a device.
    @Robin- You said "If you are looking for mobile notifications then it will not work".   Why? 
    As I said before, prior to iOS 13, I was able to get mobile notifications on my phone.  Is Fing programmers aware of this *possible* issue?

@Marc- The "timeout" issue goes back many years ago when I asking about it and I was experiencing it as well.   I don't think it has been resolved or has been given the attention it needs. 
    admin
    Hi @Marc
    I agree with your points and within this week we are releasing a new UI for Android just like Apple with clearing the mix ups so that Fingbox can be operated smoothly. To address your query, I will require further info, can you DM me your MAC address of the Fingbox and I will investigate. Thanks
    @James20
    I will seek developers advice for your issue if something changed on our end. And I will update you once I have new information.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Robin , will DM the info shortly

• hopadhopad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 13
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Most everyone here is posting about mobile, I hope this hasn't been addressed. The red notification dot appears on the Fing Icon even when there are no problems. So have to open fing just to find out no problems. Can that be changed?
    admin
    hopad said:
    Most everyone here is posting about mobile, I hope this hasn't been addressed. The red notification dot appears on the Fing Icon even when there are no problems. So have to open fing just to find out no problems. Can that be changed?
    Can you share the screenshot of the red dot?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • hopadhopad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 13
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hello @Robyn - unfortunately I temporarily uninstalled Fing Desktop this morning. I am trying to determine what has made my Internet data usage skyrocket from around 600 Gbs per month to !,000 Gbs in 10 days. Thank you for asking.