You have connectivity problems You have a number of issues to be fixed.Health check code: N001-N006-

Since update I get this all the time and cannot see my network at all. I have uninstalled, rebooted, downloaded direct from site to ensure latest version and installed again but still have the same issue. I'm out of ideas.
kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mcfly welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    I know that there is currently an issue with Health Check that the developers are actively working on, this could be related.  It sounds like you have performed all of the necessary troubleshooting steps that we would start off with, so let's add yours to the list of those that are affected by this issue.
    Have you tried installing the application on a completely different system to see if you receive the same result?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin
  • McFly1982McFly1982 Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi, no worries if its a glitch, im happy to wait. Its fine on my laptop, or was the last time i checked it.
    kltaylor
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks @kltaylor for the support. 
    @McFly1982

In order to investigate, Can you please perform the following steps: 

1. What is 'Home' healthcheck saying? if you can share a screenshot or even better a shared report, it would be very helpful. 

2. Share the output of commands: 'ipconfig' and 'route print' from command line 

3. Share the agent log: To access the agent log files: 

•  

• Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen 

• This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders. 

• Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder' 

• When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'. 

• Back in Fing Desktop, now click on the 2nd folder 'Open Service Log Folder' 

• Compress the fing-agent.log file also (without any number after 'agent' ), following the same process as previous.   Please attach both compressed files and DM me.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
    @Robin
    Sure, see attached for Fing. Below is IPCONFIG
    Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:
       Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : broadband
       Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e906:a7c1:b3c6:66b1%33
       IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.52
       Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.1

admin
    Thanks @McFly1982
    Can you share the complete health check report with me? After the scan,you will need to click on Share and follow the steps. Also, I would like to confirm if you have enabled by VPN or Firewall? Is your internet working fine? Which O.S system are you using at the moment?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Here - https://query.fing.com/91E77B9EEDA9E254
    No VPN or Firewall but I do use Pi-Hole as my DNS.
    Im on the PC that this is on with not Net issues at all.
    Latest Windows 1909 version.
    admin
    Thanks @McFly1982
    I will investigate further on this. Thanks again
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #teamFing =)
    admin
    Hi @McFly1982
    From the report sent, WinPcap doesn't seem to work properly. In this case, you can solve this by following these steps:
    • Uninstall WinPcap 
    • Uninstall Fing Desktop
    • Reboot pc
    • Install last Fing Desktop release
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll perform this on my gateway laptop and see if that resolves for me as well.
    Robin said:
    Hi @McFly1982
    From the report sent, WinPcap doesn't seem to work properly. In this case, you can solve this by following these steps:
    • Uninstall WinPcap 
    • Uninstall Fing Desktop
    • Reboot pc
    • Install last Fing Desktop release
    Sadly didnt work. 

https://query.fing.com/4C6F1C9476CC16D8
    kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't work for me, either.  I used an uninstall application that will remove all traces of an application regardless of where it is, Registry, LocalData, etc.  Removed Fing Desktop first, then removed WinPCap for Fing second.
    Reinstalled, and repeated the original issue.  Selected the warning and then selected 'Home' same issue.
    admin
    Hi @McFly1982
    An update for the reported issue:
    Our developers are investigating some issue happened after the last release of mobile apps. There is an unusual load on our servers that is saturating the resources. And because of this Fing desktop has started to send false alarms.

Today as a workaround we will tune the config to try to make the server keep up but the issue on the mobile apps is under investigation.
    I hope it helps. And soon as there is some more update I will let you know.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Robin said:
    Hi @McFly1982
    An update for the reported issue:
    Our developers are investigating some issue happened after the last release of mobile apps. There is an unusual load on our servers that is saturating the resources. And because of this Fing desktop has started to send false alarms.

Today as a workaround we will tune the config to try to make the server keep up but the issue on the mobile apps is under investigation.
    I hope it helps. And soon as there is some more update I will let you know.
    No worries, these things happen!

Robin
    admin
    Hi @McFly1982
    we will need the service logs file and understand if winpcap is working fine.
    Here's how to change the log level:
    STEP 1: Open a prompt window and write
    echo overlook.fingagent.logging.level=INFO > %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\FingAgent\conf\fingagent.properties
    That will create the configuration file required to override the logging level.
    STEP 2: Reboot the system or kill/restart service manually, it will be started automatically by WindowsOS
    STEP 3: Send the whole log folder for the fingagent (in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\FingAgent\log\)
    For the winpcap we need the output of the command to check if the NPF driver is running, you can do it manually:
    • Open a prompt window and write: sc query np
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Just went to do all of this but today it is all working ok? Has something changed?
    I spoke too soon, its back saying im not connected to the net again. I have just joined my Azure AD.... but im defo connected to the web!
    admin
    Thanks @McFly1982 for the update. Can you send me the requested information to isolate the issue and guide you better? Thanks again

Robin (Admin at Fing)