I tried to search for all the devices that are on my router
I tried to search for all the devices that are or were on my device yet i can only see mine, i even tried using my other phone to connect on my router and still when i checked the one on my main phone on fling i only see mine is there something im doing wrong?
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,292Hi @Wolfiea
I would like you to make sure that you have enabled all permissions required for the Fing app to operate. Please go to phone settings and set location permissions so Fingbox is able to read the SSID correctly and other required permissions to Fing app and then open Fing App and run a scan and see if anything changes.
With new Android and Apple O.S versions, the location permissions are mandatory for the Fing App to operate and identify all the devices on the network. If you have not enabled the location permissions then every time you scan the network then Fing App will not be able to display the access point name and the device customizations will be lost and revert to the default value(Generic).
If you are using an Apple device to run Fing App, please go to Phone settings, and then enable the 'Recognise Device' option to view all information.
If you are using Android, you need to open the Fing App settings, and then look for option ‘Device Recognition’ and enable it.
And, if you are unable to see the location permissions for the Fing App under phone settings then, I would like you to follow these steps and location permissions pop up will appear to be enabled.
1) Open Fing App and go to 'Network' tab
2) Click on the ISP tab and it will open the Network page
3) Clear out the Network information such as Address.
4) Next, to the MAP section, there is a small icon to auto-detect location. Click on the icon and location permissions will be asked.Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!0
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides