Packet Sniffing to Protect Personal Privacy

FerlautoFerlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 53
25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
✭✭✭
I don't know if this feature exists already, and if so, to what extent, but here goes:
I want to know what devices are "saying" when they really shouldn't be saying anything all.  e.g. If I didn't say, "Alexa...." and it's sending traffic to Amazon, I want a log of when, how much, etc.  
I think there would need to be an add-on architecture (think: browser extensions) comes into play because the FingBox needs to know what to look for and how to isolate that traffic and anything not recognized needs to go into an "other" bucket.  Also, one would likely want to create events based on certain triggers.

Tagged:
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ferlauto
    thanks for the suggestion. I have turned this post into an idea and moved to the Idea category. I will escalate this to our Dev team for consideration. For all other users who feel this would be beneficial, please click the 'Upvote' button. Thank you.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Ferlauto
  • FerlautoFerlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 53
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was fast! Glad you liked the suggestion that much.  Can you please post a link to where the idea is located?  Thanks again.