My fingbox keeps identifying one of my PC's as new everytime it disconnects and reconnects...

cyberchimpcyberchimp Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
 The name and mac address is not changing but I get a new device alert everytime I disconnect and reconnect to my home wireless network. None of the other devices on the network have this issue. The history for the device starts over and I have to delete the older versions of the same device manually. Any ideas on why?
Thanks very much!

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 739
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Is the IP changing? Someone else mentioned this same thing which sounds like a bug.

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,390
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @cyberchimp
    Can you share screenshots of atleast 3-4 alerts so I can investigate further? I think that your Motherboard has a special Ethernet driver that creates a special process that makes gaming connections run faster.

What is cFosSpeed?

cFosSpeed is a network driver, which attaches itself to existing Internet connections. It then optimizes data transfer by means of Traffic Shaping.
    Traffic Shaping is a method for optimizing the Internet traffic. It allows maximum speed while ensuring minimal Ping.
    You can use cFosSpeed with a router and/or a DSL-modem or cable-modem. You can also use cFosSpeed with other types of Internet access, i.e. whenever you already have an existing Internet connection.
    cFosSpeed supports a wide variety of connections, like DSL, cable, ISDN, UMTS, WiMAX etc.

cFosSpeed has two goals

1. Keep network delays (ping times) small, in order to make Internet applications as responsive as possible.

2. Improve data throughput by avoiding network congestions.

Can you try going into your motherboard software or Bios and disable this feature and see if things get better?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • cyberchimpcyberchimp Member Posts: 3
    Sorry for the delay...
    @rooted - The IP Is remaining the same. It seems I was dead wrong about the MAC address changing...It clearly does change and I would think that would be enough for fing to see it as a new device. I don't understand why the MAC is changing... @Robin - I don't have any alerts at the moment that I can capture. What I do have are screenshots that might be useful (attached). This is a Dell XPS 9380 laptop. It does use a wireless driver that I am not familiar with (Killer Network Driver). 
    Really appreciate the help from you both. Thanks!
    Robin
  • cyberchimpcyberchimp Member Posts: 3
    @Robin - I forgot to mention I don't see any bios options related to cFosSpeed.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,390
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    @Robin - I forgot to mention I don't see any bios options related to cFosSpeed.
    If you receive the alerts again please let me know. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!