Fing Service not found

DccDcc Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
Hi,
in my home pc i cant get fing to work.
I always get the message "Fing Service not found"
I have installed the latest version. Any suggestions?

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Dcc
    Thanks for the feedback. Can you provide: 
    OS name / OS version, desktop version, any VPN used? 
    Thanks again. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DccDcc Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hello,

OS Name:  Win 10
    OS Version: 10.0.18363
    Desktop Version: lastes version from Website i think its 1.4.1
    VpN: I am not using a VPN
    I have also tryed turn off Kaspersky but it did not affact the problem.

Thank You

admin
    Thanks @Dcc

Can you try to reboot the windows device and then check? if restarting PC haven't help to resolve this behaviour, these commands may be useful to windows (to launch from Command Prompt as administrator): 

• Stop service command: sc stop Fing.Agent
    • Start service command: sc start Fing.Agent

Also, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser "http://127.0.0.1:48080/getFingagentinfo". This will then display device information. Please copy and paste the text into your reply e-mail to us.

I look forward to your reply.

If this is unsuccessful, it may the case that the Fing Agent service has not been installed correctly. This can be verified by making the following commands from the command line (cmd) :

1. sc query Fing.Agent - (it should return to service status)
    2. %ProgramFiles\resources\fingagent.exe --version - (it should return the installed version of the Fing Agent)

If the commands are successful I recommend a new installation of the Fing Desktop.

If the issue persists, to help isolate the issue, please perform the following steps:

Share the agent log: To access the agent log files:

1. Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen

2. This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders.

3. Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder'

4. When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'.

5. Please attach both compressed files to your e-mail response to us.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • StuartStuart Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Hi,
    I too get the Fing Service not found. Desktop V2 on two different servers: Win 2012R2 Server and a Win 2016 Server.
    It appear that the service is not getting installed. Any solution? I have heard that V1.4.2 is OK, but can't find a link to download it.
    admin
    Hi @Stuart

To resolve this on Windows servers:

1. Fing Desktop needs to have WLAN Service installed manually. Procedure to install WLAN Drivers: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/hh994698%28v%3Dws.11%29
    2. Then Fing Desktop will need to be re-installed

Once completed, this should resolve your issue.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Stuart
  • StuartStuart Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thanks, all working now.
    Robin