Health Check code: W402

kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone had an issue where, after updating to the latest version of Fing Desktop (Windows OS), on a wireless connection would receive the following (or similar) error:
I've experienced that when I attempt to select 'Context' (reads: what network, Home, Office, Rental, or Public) that it attempts to process the response and scan the network, but then resorts back to the same 'warning' again.
This app was recently updated today to the version 1.4.1.
"There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
Tagged:

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note that I have two installations of the Windows app on my home/office network, one of a 'Gateway' device to remote into from work, and the other on my personal (locked down) system in the office.  The gateway device is the only place where this is happening.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks for your post @kltaylor
    Have you tried to set the network context from the Connectivity tab and then check if the warning still appears? When you will scan for devices then you will see on the left side to set the Context for the network. Can you try that and let me know?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sir, certainly have.  What's weird is that once I attempt to select 'context' it attempts to process it and scan the network, but ultimately returns to that screen with the notification.
    admin
    edited May 19
    kltaylor said:
    Yes sir, certainly have.  What's weird is that once I attempt to select 'context' it attempts to process it and scan the network, but ultimately returns to that screen with the notification.
    Thats weird. Can you share the health check report with me so I can investigate better? Also, if possible, Can you try to reboot the windows device and then check? if restarting PC haven't help to resolve this behaviour, these commands may be useful to windows (to launch from Command Prompt as administrator): 

Stop service command: sc stop Fing.Agent 

Start service command: sc start Fing.Agent 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robin I DM'ed you the screenshots and the step process.  I guess I should record the desktop instead of screen capturing, but it is what it is ... =)
    Robin
  • ballenballen Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    I recently changed my router but have the same ip for the router (192.168.1.1). Fing keeps coming up with "provide a context for current network" but won't "stick" when I press the "home" button. 
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ballen thanks for asking your question.
    I am having the same issue, and have a discussion happening of this very issue located here.
    I'm honestly happy that I'm not the only one that's having the issue.  Check out the other thread, so far with rebooting the device, stopping and restarting the service prove fruitless ... we'll keep at it though and see what we can come up with.
    Fred2u
    admin
    Hi @ballen
    I have merged this post with an ongoing same issue. 
    Have you tried to set the network context from the Connectivity tab and then check if the warning still appears? When you will scan for devices then you will see on the left side to set the Context for the network. Can you try that and let me know?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    Every time the context tab comes up, pressing "home" make the screen go away for a second and then the context menu pops up again saying I need to pick a context.
    kltaylor
    admin
    Thanks @ballen
    Can you send me the log files to me via DM?
    TO SHARE LOG FILES:

Share the agent log: To access the agent log files:

1. Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen

2. This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders.

3. Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder'

4. When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'.

5. Please attach both compressed files to me to investigate.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    To keep everyone updated on this issue, I just recorded an interaction with the Fing app specific to this issue and sent the sharable link directly to Robin.
    admin
    Thanks All, 
    I have DM you both privately as I require further information to take it our developers for investigation. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Done and done, my friend.
    Robin
    admin
    Hi All,
    Just to update, I have passed on your log files to developers for investigation and they are trying to figure out the cause of the issue. If there is any update, I will let you know. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    kltaylor
    admin
    Hi @ballen @kltaylor
    We are investigating for this issue. I would require one more thing from your side to isolate the issue. can you share or DM me the health check report of the Fing Desktop? Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    ..Well it magically corrected itself! I didn't change anything .....I'll let you know if it happens again...
    Thanks,

Robin
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Robin said:
    Hi @ballen @kltaylor
    We are investigating for this issue. I would require one more thing from your side to isolate the issue. can you share or DM me the health check report of the Fing Desktop? Thanks

I'll get that information from mine and send that along to you.
    Robin
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I'm receiving a different error now.  I've attempted to uninstall, reboot and reinstall but the same thing pops up. 
    I know that I don't have connectivity issues since I am remotely connecting to my 'gateway' system into my home/office.
    admin
    Thanks @kltaylor

Our developers are investigating some issue happened after the last release of mobile apps. There is an unusual load on our servers that is saturating the resources. And because of this Fing desktop has started to send false alarms.

Today as a workaround we will tune the config to try to make the server keep up but the issue on the mobile apps is under investigation.
    I hope it helps. And soon as there is some more update I will let you know.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • SandiSandi Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Just installed fine desktop on my MacBook and I have the same issue.
    admin
    Sandi said:
    Just installed fine desktop on my MacBook and I have the same issue.
    Have you tried to manually refresh the scan and see if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • hopadhopad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    I receive the: "Health Check code: W402" frequently, I'm not sure if it stems from Ecobee's unsuccessful attempt's to gain access to an IP address or something to do with Home Assistant.