Fing App 9.0.2 breaks home Fingbox selection

smackiesmackie Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Looks like this affects both the iPad and iPhone. In 9.0.2, if you select "My Fingboxes" on the main page, swipe left on a Fingbox and hit the "Home" button - nothing happens. It's now impossible to change the default home Fingbox shown at the top of the main page.

This did work in previous releases (since it was added) so I'm assuming that it was broken in 9.0.2. Same problem on both my iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro. The slider closes correctly (so it's registering the button hit) but nothing happens under the covers.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,745
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for helping out @Marc @kltaylor
    To set a different Fingbox as Default, first, you need to uncheck the previous Fingbox from Default, and then once the Home icon is free then click on the other Fingbox who you want to make it default and it will work.
    Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylorMarc

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @smackie thanks for asking your question.
    I don't have an iOS device, so am going to ask @Marc if he has one to try and reproduce the issue for us.  We will let you know as soon as we find out more information on this.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,153
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Regretfully I have but one Fingbox on line.  I did notice that when I did what @smackie suggested above, swipe then select the fingbox icon, it goes back or white to show selection.  I can bring my V1 back on line later on today if that helps.  Let me know...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    kltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #teamFing =)
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Marc
  • smackiesmackie Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2020

Okay. With respect, that’s terrible UI design. How the heck are you s’pposed to work out that you have to deselect the active home before selecting the new one? Rather than just setting it directly?

I’ve obviously managed to set it now having gotten that clue but I’d never have guessed otherwise.