Keep open port on router

BennozsaBennozsa South AfricaMember Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic

I have opened a port on my router to allow access to a device when I am away from home.

Fing detects the open port and closes it. How can I keep the port open?

Answers

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 123
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Agrees 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭

Fing shouldn’t be making any changes to your hardware. I have several ports open in my router and never had an issue. Fing detects the open ports and recommends I address them but doesn’t close them.

Robin
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,132
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lee_Bo and @Bennozsa , actually you can have Fing close a port if UPNP is enabled.  See this link...

Closing Opened Ports via UPnP
    With the Fingbox you can close ports via UPnP directly from the Vulnerability Test feature. Simply click on the CLOSE button at the top of the open ports list.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 123
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Agrees 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Marc said:
    @Lee_Bo and @Bennozsa , actually you can have Fing close a port if UPNP is enabled.  See this link...

Closing Opened Ports via UPnP
    With the Fingbox you can close ports via UPnP directly from the Vulnerability Test feature. Simply click on the CLOSE button at the top of the open ports list.

Yes, but that requires action from the user.  It doesn't happen automagically.  The OP states Fing is closing it without interaction or authorization.  At least, that's how I read it.
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,132
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was focusing on your statement that Fing can’t. It can but with intervention within the App. The OP was actually not specific enough to tell us exactly what was done prior.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...