WhatsApp is not available?

Belfast_BoyBelfast_Boy Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic
WhatsApp is not available
web.whatsapp.com is not browsable, Connect failed: Host is down. Require an explanation?
kltaylor

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Posts: 1,719
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    I actually used the toggle facility and was trying to find it again without any success.. It would appear that this version of the Fing desktop has the toggle facility removed.
    There is no toggle facility on the checks which are running right now but if you click on the (?) icon next to warning then you can disable the particular alert. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,114
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Belfast_Boy thanks for asking your question.
    Have you reached out to WhatsApp support to see if their service was indeed down at the time that you saw that message?  Maybe the webapp is no longer being used?  Maybe an admin on your network (if it's not you) has restricted that URL?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin
  • Belfast_BoyBelfast_Boy Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic
    I though there was a setting that showed if Google, Amazon, Netflix, Facebook and WhatsApp were browsable?
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 123
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Agrees 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    The URL https://web.whatsapp.com/ takes me to a page that asks me to open the app and scan a QR code.
    However, you answered your own question in your first post:  " Connect failed: Host is down"
  • ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 118
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    On the Fing Desktop app, it should default to "Home". Under "Your Connectivity Health", click the "See full report" button. Scroll all the way down to the bottom. You should see items for Google, Amazon, Netflix, Facebook, WhatsApp, and Office 365. I believe those are general checks, to see if those common use sites are up or down - reachable or not, via your network connection. If you click the "refresh" link, below the "See full report" button, it will rescan/recheck those options.
    Robin
    First Comment Photogenic
    Performed steps as outlined, however there is no facility at the bottom of the page to toggle on /off Google etc. I am using the Fing Desktop app version 1.4.1

• ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 118
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Performed steps as outlined, however there is no facility at the bottom of the page to toggle on /off Google etc. I am using the Fing Desktop app version 1.4.1

My apologies. There is no option to toggle the checks off or on. It appears to be something Fing Desktop automatically checks.

First Comment Photogenic
    I actually used the toggle facility and was trying to find it again without any success.. It would appear that this version of the Fing desktop has the toggle facility removed.