Is there a way to report wrong device information related to mac?

maraoufmaraouf Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic
Hello, I have couple of devices on my Fingbox showing as Apple or Linksys as thier manufactures, while they are not.
Is there a way to report this issue and get it adjusted in maybe a future release, in order to enrich Fing discovery capabilities even better.

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,135
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @maraouf, please see this thread...  @Ciaran has a comment on recognition improvement that might help answer your question... 
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/17050#Comment_17050
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • maraoufmaraouf Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hello,
    Thanks for this, however this thread is not applicable to me, since I'm using the FingBox, Fing  Desktop, Fing App for iOS and Fing App for Android.
    It is a problem in the database for the devices itself, not with discovery.
    Let me give you 2 examples:
    this screenshot is identifying Hi Sharp (brand) NVR device as Raspberry

Another example of device of Xiaomi, identified as Xiaomi vendor but showing Linksys logo

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robin Or @Ciaran, any idea why the disconnect?  The MAC address on lookup is correct to the listed vendor.

First Comment Photogenic
    Also, have a lot more anomalies (similar to the above), so my question is there a formal way to report these issues, or collect them and post them here?
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @maraouf for identifying these. Let’s use this thread to document others that your seeing. The two folks I tagged work for Fing and they would be best positioned to address.

Best case there is a simple explanation, worst case they can submit it as a bug to their developers.

First Comment Photogenic
    HYG more items showing wrong information

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for the support @Marc
    To address your query @maraouf, all of the logos on web app may be incorrect and this is the older version of Web app and our engineers are working on updating the web app soon. As of now, there is no timeframe for this but as soon as the latest version of the web app releases, all these issues will be fixed with that. For now, please use the Fing App or Fing Dekstop to recognize and identify the devices or help learn the Fing app to identify the correct devices. Thanks again.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc