bandwith analysis no longer showing all devices in android app

ProTecKProTecK Member Posts: 55
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Answer
✭✭

I have many missing devices that used to be listed in bandwith analysis. I have no way of choosing them to perform the test. Am I missing something here?

I just checked my iPad and its still working there, so it seems to be android only.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,745
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @ProTecK
    Thanks for your post. Can you name me the devices which you are unable to see for Bandwidth Analysis?
    There are certain devices you want be able to see on the list for Bandwidth Analysis.
    List
    • alarm 

• bell 

• cleaner 

• domotz_box 

• fingbox 

• fridge 

• garage 

• heating 

• humidity 

• key_lock 

• light 

• modem 

• motion_detector 

• power_system 

• sensor 

• smart_home 

• smart_meter 

• smart_plug 

• smoke 

• solar_panel 

• sprinkler 

• surveillance_camera 

• thermostat 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ProTecKProTecK Member Posts: 55
    ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I'll take screenshots from both devices. Easiest way to show you I guess.. great now they are showing in the Android app. I had checked this on 3 different Android devices.

The Audio & Video area

&

Smart Home

Both sections were not showing up on that page, I could not scroll down to see any of them.

I did not go back and check Android after I saw it working on my iPad. You would know better than I would if being able to see them in the iPad app had any influence on the Android version. All I can say is without a doubt, 3 separate apps, on 3 different Android devices were not able to scroll down and see the other devices in the AV& smart home sections.

Side note: Those sections, at least in my case, are not in anyway helpful in sorting which items I would ever need to check bandwidth on. The groups are too general.

✭✭
    Ok, I knew I wasn’t completly crazy. The problem/bug is back. It's only on the Android app, no issue on my iPad.
    Only the"Personal" section is being displayed under Bandwidth Analysis. Confirmed On 2 Android devices.
    S9+ running Android v10 fing V8.9.6
    S7 running Android v8 fing v8.9.6
    If you need screenshots I took a couple but it doesn't show much.
    I did run a scan and the devices are all displayed under devices. Scanning didn't change what was shown in Bandwidth Analysis.
    I tried choosing the name of the local network and the fingbox name at the top of devices and there was no change.

Not sure what else you might want to know, I did poke around quite a bit so I can probably answer questions about what I was seeing that I didn't think to document in this post.
    admin
    Hi @ProTecK
    Can you message me privately with the screenshots of the Bandwidth Analysis from both Android and iPad so I can investigate better? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • GRooGRoo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have 2 devices listed when I have 3. It looks like I have a hidden camera somewhere since Im getting unsolicited messages on Signal app and see photos and flashes on U tube. Ive had a police report on a former friend and find this alarming.

✭✭
    GRoo your problem sounds more interesting than mine. I only have a college degree and 25+ years working in IT so you will have to explain to me how you came up with this information.  It looks like you stated when you scan you see 2 devices when you really have 3. Based on that information you have a 4th device that is a hidden camera. And this hidden camera sends you messages on your Signal App? This hidden camera also shows photos and flashes on YouTube? Or is this U tube you are talking about some other way of detecting hidden cameras that I am not aware of? How is this more disturbing because you had a police report from a former friend? And then most important question is this, what does this hidden camera have to do with devices missing from the bandwidth test?
    ✭✭
    Come on GRoo, don't leave me hanging.
    admin
    Hi @ProTecK
    Thanks for the screenshots, I have checked and tried to recreate the same on my Fingbox. Mine seems to work fine. Can you please name me the name of the devices/O.S which are missing from iPad and sees accurately on Android so I can investigate further. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭
    It was the other way around. Android was missing all the devices. They were showing up on the iPad.

Now that I actually had to type this for you I noticed the android was not displaying a single device that was on the network. Every device it was showing was either a cell phone or the one Nintendo Switch, None of them were near the building or on the network at that time. So I couldn't have checked bandwidth on anything at that time.

When I checked the Android App today, it looked like it was displaying everything as it should be. 

Here is the list of network devices that are always on the network but missing in the android app when that bug shows up.
    These were missing from 2 android devices, one and home, and one at the location. These missing devices stayed missing through rebooting the android devices, force closing the app, and clearing the app cache. When it works it works, when it doesn't work, nothing but time seems to get them to show up in the app again.

Hunt Electronic
    Hunt 504-32 | HD-TVI 1080P 32 Channel Hybrid DVR

Samsung
    SM-G930T -Samsung Galaxy S7 Phone

UN43J5200AFXZA | Samsung 43" Class J5200 Full LED Smart TV

Sharp
    PN-S525 | SHARP LCD Monitor 

Naxa Electronics 
    NID-1020 | 10.1" 1024 x 600 LCD Display; RK3126C Quad-Core CPU; 1GB RAM & 16GB Storage; Android 8.1

NID-9009 | 9" 800 x 480 LCD Display; 1.2 GH Quad-Core CPU; 1GB RAM & 8GB Storage; Android 7.1

Nanolux
    NCCS-DTU-APP (Data Transfer Unit) Lighting Controller

Envisilink
    EnvisaLink 4 - DSC & Honeywell Alarm IP Communicator

TP-Link
    HS300 | Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip, 6-Outlets

HS107 | Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug, 2-Outlets

HS105 | Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini

HS100 |Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug, 1-Pack

KP100 | Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim Edition

HS103 | Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite

KC110 | Kasa Spot Pan Tilt  Wireless Camera

Belkin
    F7C063 | Wemo Mini Smart Plug

F7C029fc | Wemo® Insight Smart Plug

Sonoff
    Sonoff BASIC Wi-Fi Smart Switch

Sonoff BASICR2 Wi-Fi Smart Switch

Shelly
    Shelly 1 Wi-Fi switch

Unifi
    USG | UniFi® Security Gateway | Enterprise Gateway Router with Gigabit Ethernet

UAP‑AC‑PRO | UniFi® AC PRO AP | 802.11ac PRO Access Point

UAP‑AC‑LITE | UniFi® AC Lite | 802.11ac Dual Radio Access Point

AP-Outdoor+ | UniFi® AP-Outdoor | Outdoor 802.11n Access Point

TP-Link 
    EAP245 | AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point

Dlink
    DGS-1100-08P | Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch

Windows 7 Computer
    32 bit Windows7 Embedded Standard SP1 Computer
    admin
    Thanks @ProTecK
    Can you confirm if the missing devices are connected to the same access point as android device on which you are running the Fing App? Also, do you see the missing devices under Digital Fence by any chance?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭
    It is an Unifi setup with 3 access points. Each AP has the same 3 SSID's. 
    I have a fingbox and the Galaxy S7 running the fing app is connected to the same SSID as all of the IoT devices.
    All devices appear under the "Device" tab. So its not a problem detecting the devices. I could see each device as being online and choose it from there.  If there was a "monitor bandwidth" button next to "ping" and "wake on LAN" I wouldn't even be bringing this up.
    It's going to be specific to the android app only, remember they are showing up on the iPad when they are missing in android.
    This problem was present in the Android app on the S7 on that local network and it didn't matter if i choose the fingbox or the network name at the top of devices. Meanwhile, 50 miles away, the same information was mirrored on my S9+ using either my home wifi or cellular network.  (I was using TeamViewer to remote control the S7)
    Right now the Android app is working correctly, all connected devices are showing up under "bandwidth analysis".
    All devices do show up under "digital fence" on the Android and iPad.

✭✭

FYI: haven't had any problems with it since first noticing it and posting it here. Idk if you're going to see it if I'm not seeing it. I'll be sure to let you know the second it happens again.