Devices that were connected but not active are not showing in scan

FarFar Member Posts: 2
First Comment

When I scan for devices it only shows devices that are connected and not the ones that were connected earlier and are not active right now. Pls help me solve this issue.

Answers

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 855
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Are you using Fing App or Fing Desktop? What version of App/desktop also?
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • FarFar Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I am using Fing app on android latest version

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,390
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Far said:

When I scan for devices it only shows devices that are connected and not the ones that were connected earlier and are not active right now. Pls help me solve this issue.

Did you scan the network before as well when the devices were online? If you are running the scan first time, then Fing App won't show the offline devices at that time but only the online devices.
    Fing App will scan and show you the online devices and if you scanned the network before as well, then based on that scan, it will detect the online devices at that time and offline devices will be greyed out. You need to manually scan the network to see any changes like new devices connected and old device being offline.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!