Bug in 1.4.0 - "see local network" on home page missing

I hope that this is not an intentional change..
On v1.4.0 Fing Desktop Home screen, where there used to be "see network" (I think that's the wording) it has been replaced by "see insights".
So now you force me to Refresh EVERY time I wasn't to see the devices list on my local network? I only have "Scan for devices" and "See insights" choices for my local network. We need to have an option to see the current cached version WITHOUT forcing a refresh.
Tagged:
AnthonyB
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• na51hogna51hog Member Posts: 0
    Fing 1.4.0  Windows 10

There appears to be no way of getting to your list of devices from the Fing Home page - Only 'Scan for Devices' and 'See Insights'.  Every time you find yourself on the Homepage you have to 'Scan For Devices' to return to your current list?

Is it possible to add this to your RFEs?  Is there a process for logging RFEs in this forum or elsewhere?

Thanks
     :) 
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,073
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @AnthonyB
    Thanks for your post. The feature that is replaced is "Show Last scan" with "Show Insights". Also, When you click on the "See Devices" now it shows you the last scan and if you want to refresh this, it will run the scan again. We have not removed anything with current version, just added some more features.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • AnthonyBAnthonyB Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 14

Thanks Robin. I see no "See Devices" button anywhere in the app?
    I'm glad you deleted that post @Robin...
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,073
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    I see the issue here @AnthonyB and wanted to be sure thus deleted my last post.
    Thank you for the clarification on the issue. Another user has also offered similar feedback. We will give this feedback to our development team for consideration moving forward. I will merge both pieces of feedback into the same thread. If any other users would also like this feature, please upvote this idea'.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    What do you mean 'feature'?
    This is a regression in v1.4.0; surely you didn't intend for users to have to do a fresh scan EVERY time they want to look at their Devices list? Did you?

If this was intentional, I genuinely would like to understand the thinking behind forcing a full refresh every time you want to look at the Device list. Was there something broken with caching and performing background refreshes?