Fing Desktop Future Improvements

rfanch3rrfanch3r Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic
Here is what I would like to see instead:
Local Network - Add back Last Scan - I am not sure I see the value in Insights
Internet Provider - While unusual, please add in an edit for Internet Provider. I have 2 Internet Providers and
would like it to either auto detect it or the ability to change it to a master/secondary.
Internet Outages - I still do not see the value in a MAP, I also don't see the value in Fing knowing I am in 1 country and clicking on Recent and then See All showing me outages that are on the other side of the world mas the top most option, does anyone actually use this and find it helpful? Cant you put like a search in or around your country? Or export to cvs or something?
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 855
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @rfanch3r,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you post any ideas on the Fing Desktop 'Ideas' category. That way other users who may also like to see similar suggestions/functionality can also upvote the idea for consideration moving forward. To avoid confusion, please also keep each idea seperate.
    Fing Desktop Ideas: https://community.fing.com/categories/fing-desktop-ideas-suggestions
    Thanks

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • rfanch3rrfanch3r Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 18
    I don't even have that as a selection on the left side so I didn't know about this. Oh I see it now but only when I select All Categories then Fing Desktop.
  • rfanch3rrfanch3r Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Here is what I would like to see instead:
    Local Network - Add back Last Scan - I am not sure I see the value in Insights
    Internet Provider - While unusual, please add in an edit for Internet Provider. I have 2 Internet Providers and
    would like it to either auto detect it or the ability to change it to a master/secondary.
    Internet Outages - I still do not see the value in a MAP, I also don't see the value in Fing knowing I am in 1 country and clicking on Recent and then See All showing me outages that are on the other side of the world as the top most option, does anyone actually use this and find it helpful? Cant you put like a search in or around your country? Or export to cvs or something?
  • BespokeSystemsBespokeSystems Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Oh there are a good few things to be improved in the desktop version over the mobile version.
    1. A guest scan, no absolute need to make an account first (no mention of how personal details are stored, who has access?)
    2. network scan window, why present a list with full device names but no IP addresses, messy and needing to click on each device, this bit the mobile version does well but the desktop UI is a cluttered mess, less is more folks please.