Fing Desktop1.3.2 - not running correcly (RESOLVED WITH 1.4.2)

jotlaptopjotlaptop Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
On my Dell laptop, Win10.1909, FingDesktop1.3.2 installed fine, but when I run it, the windows display blinks then returns to normal, as if nothing had happened.  TaskManager never shows Fing.  No evidence of it running.  Same happens when running directly from the \Programs\ directory, also when running AsAdministrator. 
Curiouser and curiouser.  Can anyone explain this, and help me get wonderful FingDesktop running again?
I use my FingBox and fing.io  regularly, but would like the features of FingDesktop as well.
thanks.
j.t.

Best Answer

• DocZZZDocZZZ South FloridaMember, Beta Tester Posts: 23
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer Photogenic
    Accepted Answer
    A new version of the Fing Desktop (v1.4.0) was just released. Using any web browser, go to "get.fing.com" to download the Windows version. I suggest you uninstall your current Fing Desktop first (Settings > Apps > Fing 1.3.2 > Uninstall), then try reinstalling Fing 1.4.0 and hopefully, that should result in an app that runs properly. If your right-click the downloaded Fing Desktop icon, you can try installing by using "Run as Administrator" - that might work better, but might be unnecessary. Good luck.
    Robin

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @jotlaptop
    Can you please check your system tray on your windows and you will find the Fing Desktop under there running in background. You will be able to open the Fing Desktop from there. If you want to change the Minimize to System tray settings you can do that by clicking on version number of Fing Desktop on the bottom corner and click "Preferences". 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    edited May 2020

• jotlaptopjotlaptop Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    fingdesktop v1.4.0 installed, seems to work normally now: fing now shows up in the TaskManager list of processes, and displays a proper window, and on my taskbar as well.  (v1.3.2 never displayed in the system tray either)
    RobinCiaran

Glad to hear it.

Ciaran