Fing Desktop 1.4.0 "You have connectivity problems" after update

SoulSoul Member Posts: 2
First Comment
For some reason after the latest update to Fing Desktop today, it now just shows "You have connectivity problems" and doesn't recognize my WiFi network. Restarting Fing or manually refreshing does not help. Was working fine before updating.

Tagged:
kltaylor

Best Answer

• SoulSoul Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the response!
    I tried reinstalling and it had the same issue, no change. I tried logging out of the desktop app and when trying to log in it kept throwing Authentication Failures in the app itself (website worked fine)
    I restarted my PC and tried logging in again, and now everything seems to be working again.
    Weird.
    kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Soul welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    To ensure that the update did its job, let's uninstall the version that you're using currently, and then reinstall the latest desktop app and then re-test.  It sounds like during the update that something didn't want to 'play nice' and update.  Let's perform a fresh install and see if that helps.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Soulkltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH ... first rule of Tech Support is to turn it off and on again ... and I missed it. =)  Great to hear that it's working for you now, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    SoulCiaran