My Fingbox light is red what does that mean?

Crispy
Crispy Member Posts: 18
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
My Fingbox light is red what does that mean?

kltaylor

Best Answer

• Crispy
    Crispy Member Posts: 18
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Well I was able to connect to the box and run speed tests while it was red. I’ve power cycled it and it’s back to blue now
    Robin_from_Fing

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Crispy thanks for asking your question.
    Typically the red light would mean that it's powered on, but not receiving any input from the router at all.  I would try resetting the power (pull the power cable, count to ten and plug it back in) and see if it sync's with the network LAN again.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • hand123
    hand123 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    kltaylor said:
    Hi @Crispy thanks for asking your question.
    Typically the red light would mean that it's powered on, but not receiving any input from the router at all.  I would try resetting the power (pull the power cable, count to ten and plug it back in) and see if it sync's with the network LAN again.
    Hello.  I've factory reset and power cycled my FingBox several times.  My Internet connection is fine. My FingBox is connected to my WIFI router which is connected to my cable modem.  Still, I have the FingBox red light and the iPhone FingApp shows "disconnected."  Many features still seem to work, but with these two issues, I'm not sure I'm getting full functionality from my FingBox. Your help is appreciated.  Thanks. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @hand123
    I have responded to you on your other community post. Please check. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!