Device tracing for COVID 19 proximity detection

MetawatchMetawatch Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
Photogenic First Comment
I currently receive all groceries via delivery and am in permanent lockdown (Social health provider for 91 yr old) and would like to know if capturing device proximity info (Fing box) could be linked to Apple/ Google new system to flag proximity to contaminated persons. I.e. Although he is 2 m distant he handles all food....

Answers

• MetawatchMetawatch Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Similarily could also be used to detect longer range notification of potentially infected persons in local vicinity.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks for your post. As of now, the feature you requested has not been implemented by the Fingbox. This can be taken as a suggestion.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • FerlautoFerlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 51
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    @Metawatch - I'm trying to understand your idea.  The smartphone is the device that can detect another person by proximity via bluetooth.  What do you see the #fingbox doing that your smartphone isn't already?   
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 160
    100 Comments 100 Likes 25 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    If I understand you correctly, you're wanting the contact tracing feature of Apple / Google for the Fing box.  First, Apple and Google are going to have to allow 3rd parties to do that.  The Fing devs can't do anything about it.