Device Details

LazymareLazymare Member Posts: 3
First Comment

My husband has my old phone now and when I was using it, Fing recognised the make, model etc but it now has a different IP address and it is coming up as generic device - it won't even recognise it as a Samsung phone. I've turned the device off & restarted but it has made no difference. In Fing settings the Device Recognition is enabled & works for other devices.

Can anyone help?

Tagged:
kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Lazymare welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    If Fingbox isn't detecting the make and model of a device, you can add the information to it directly by selecting it, and then choosing the 'Edit' button for that device.
    There could be a number of reasons why it's not detecting like it did before, which is why there is an option to manually add the details of the device instead.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin
  • LazymareLazymare Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Thank you - it's just a shame I can't find out the reason it won't detect it now x

kltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazymare said:

Thank you - it's just a shame I can't find out the reason it won't detect it now x

I can completely understand that, honestly.  Without doing a lot of testing with the device, I can't formulate a theory without having significant data to back it up.  Nonetheless, please let us know if you have any other issues that we can help you with.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Lazymare
  • LazymareLazymare Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Thank you xxx