How can one make themselves invisible to a security camera?

JjbmarieJjbmarie Member Posts: 13
10 Comments

I can’t understand how someone is getting by my cameras

CiaranRobinCarringguns

Answers

• JjbmarieJjbmarie Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments

I have several I can see people’s distorted image an now they are there when I leave but can not get a clear picture, is there something they are doing to my camera?

• Tin_ManTin_Man Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Answer Photogenic
    There's alot of things people an do to cameras. In fact, it' really easy, with just a strong light source. But nothing that I know of that would not be blindingly obvious on camera. The only way to walk past a camera without affecting  the picture is to walk around it's view. If someone can walk near or underneath the camera, then you need to move your camera. In fact that's probably the first thing I'd try, move the camera and leave a decoy in it's place.
    10 Comments

i will try that to see if it works.

PHILIPPE
  • OverlyawareOverlyaware Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

If they can access your system they can send a looped recording. Plenty of software makes this easy.

10 Comments

I noticed the lighting was different throughout and I know it didn’t change like it was on the camera. Is there anyway to get the real footage as to the loop? It is a inside job I’m pretty sure I know who’s doing it.

10 Comments

Is there anyway to use a decoy if they are doing loops in the actual footage or would it be a waste of time and money to buy another one?

10 Comments

Thank you ! It means a lot to me actually to figure out why this is being done. I’ve got a good idea just trying to prove it is key. I’m going to get one of those cameras and set a pin. I am not real savvy when it comes to these things obviously. I have been reading up on the loop It makes perfect since. I’m grateful for all the help.

10 Comments

Oh my gosh that is exactly what I think they are trying to do is make me think I’m going crazy even though I know I’m not. I’ve often referred to him as a narcissistic. I’m kinda afraid to know what is next on the agenda tbh. I’m actually afraid to stay home at times I feel so violated. It’s horrible !

HereKityKity
    10 Comments

I looked up and read some on gaslighting" and teflon narcissism/narcissistic immunity.  So far sounds just like my husband to a T. This explains more in detail for me which is good. You’ve been so helpful thank you !

• OverlyawareOverlyaware Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Sorry, I was in class. I have a lot of homework! 
    I don't know if you saw these or not:    5263P3 said:
    IF They can access your SYSTEM.  Given wifi, not POE (which is what most commercial systems use).    This more or less  assumes an It would have to be an "insider" job, and likely a Commerical entity, or a 'vested interest' (money making; insurances fraud; murder for hire), serious crimes and/or large rewards and/or penalties.     Easier just to delete the portions of the video where nothing happened.  

1.  They have to "steal the access" at the proper time of day;  (the lighting). 
    2.  They have to create the "loop" that 'fakes it".
    3.  They have to do this FOR EVERY CAMERA on the premises of the structure (I have outside AND inside cameras).    
    4.  When you watch surveillance footage (fast forwarded) you can see the smallest changes in lighting immediately.  
    5.  I would think most "targets" (i. e. "homes") are not worth this effort.  ( Beyond the scale of these kinds of discussions) 
    If this were easy to do; cops (with body cams) would be doing it left and right.    (and some apparently have tried, according to my search results). 
    I can't find this either, but I think this was attempted  once in a murder case:  The guy (who went fishing to cover it up) got caught because of the lighting at the time of day (he manipulated the camera time, but the angle of the sunlight during the actual time proved totally wrong, and blew his abiby).  Even a novice photographer is sensitive to changes in lighting.    

I know they "do this" on TV and Mission Impossible, etc.  But you don't see it i(all that much) n real life.  What you normally see is an insider "shutting down" the camera.  

A Bug Found in eufyCam's security system by Frakking Creations Sept 2019

https://youtu.be/cA2T7nFXeec?t=736

CRITICAL VULNERABILITY IN RING SMART DOORBELLS; WIFI NETWORK USERS’ INFORMATION LEAKED

https://www.securitynewspaper.com/2019/11/07/critical-vulnerability-in-ring-smart-doorbells-wifi-network-users-information-leaked/

April 2020 PC World 

Put yourself in a looping video so you can skip the meeting

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3536575/best-funny-zoom-background-trick-put-yourself-in-a-looping-video-so-you-can-skip-the-meeting.html
    10 Comments

I have seen all of them. I appreciate everyone’s help and has helped me to be able to look into it further than before because I’m dumb when it comes to Somethings. I have learned a lot with everyone’s suggestions. I am very grateful.

10 Comments

The reason they would do this is if the said person is having a affair and doesn’t want me to know when I am away from home for long hours at a time. Probably would be a good reason. I

Overlyaware
  • Tin_ManTin_Man Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Answer Photogenic

You know, that's a really good reason. In fact if you can't think of another one, then you really kinda have your answer to the whole problem. I mean, I'm pretty sure your intuition was already telling you because you're in the fing fourums asking about security cameras. You can change the cameras and implement all sorts of security but I'm sure you've thought about the fact that if it's someone in your house then it's all for nothing. The only way you're going to catch someone who's already evasive and hiding is a hidden camera inside the house, no WiFi or networking or anything of that sort. Just a camera recorder, maybe motion activated but probably not necessary either. And outside the house you are going to need a private investigator. But I gotta say, I've never seen any good come from it. You might, maybe, just think about what you are going to have to do once you have your answer. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

JjbmarieHereKityKity
    10 Comments

Thank you , you’ve been a big help.

• Kaki1Kaki1 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic
    Lived next door to a sick soul who hacked everything I had, security cameras were one. Since I am elderly but fairly techie (20+ characters for passwords, tamped down WiFi, etc.), I recognized what was happening and spent hours combatting him. Finally moved to get away. When I told others what was happening, they thought I was losing it. I now have a new young neighbor who is testing his hacking skills on me. I’m probably not the only victim but I hate that I have to monitor my network. Fing has helped but Fingbox has been hacked.ARGH!
    Ciaran
    10 Comments

Thank you , you’ve been a big help.

Ciaran
  • HereKityKityHereKityKity Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited May 17

I also looked up a couple things on cameras and infa red. One an use a mylar blanket to conceal oneself from the camera or blur oneself or said others from the camera. Just fyi. Check YouTube. Narcissist abuse is real. Cazymaking is real. There's an app called Quora. Load that up from your play store and find out that there are so any people going thru this outrageous disorder. Being a victim of narcissist abuse is seriously no joke. Hands down it's the most trauma induced time in my life. Stay safe and consider moving on. Asap. For your mental, physical and emotional well being. For your future. Hugs

Jjbmarie
    10 Comments

Thank you I appreciate your help kity, gotta keep myself safe and sane till I can get away. I tell ya I’ve seen some crazy stuff that is hard to swallow lately till I’ve come to terms what is actually going on I was asking questions the answers I got was like I had moron tattooed across my forehead. Like does this person really think I am this stupid, guess love really makes one blind to a lot.

• KingKing Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭

I just wanted to add something in terms of preventing your Systems from being hacked. It starts with your home setup. In your router turn off UPnP. You can google this and there are a number of articles online discussing the dangers of UPnP and how to disable this. Most routers have this feature turned on by default.