Fing 1.3.2 Desktop Edit custom name not saved

DiverkingDiverking Heerhugowaard, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 42
10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
After scanning my network (or open last scan) I want ot edit/customize the name of a new found device. This name is not saved. How can I customize names? Nor can I remove it from the list.
kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Diverking thanks for asking your question.
    After you perform a scan, or review the most previous scan, click on the device and there should be an 'Edit' button where you can change the information to be something more favorable.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin
  • DiverkingDiverking Heerhugowaard, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 42
    edited May 2020
    Tnx for your answer. I installed 1.3.2 on another laptop with W10 build 1909. Again on edit there is a save button but this button DOES NOT SAVE on my device. I also cannot change/save the devicetype only Placement is saved and I wonder what placement do I give to a mobile device. Cellar or Diningroom? I should be able te remove a placement! Hope to see 1.3.3 asap and hope it's fixed. 
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Diverking said:
    Tnx for your answer. I installed 1.3.2 on another laptop with W10 build 1909. Again on edit there is a save button but this button DOES NOT SAVE on my device. I also cannot change/save the devicetype only Placement is saved and I wonder what placement do I give to a mobile device. Cellar or Diningroom? I should be able te remove a placement! Hope to see 1.3.3 asap and hope it's fixed. 
    Can you share a video of this? I have just tried changing names on both MacBook and windows devices and both are working fine.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DiverkingDiverking Heerhugowaard, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 42
    Tnx, I just installed Fing Desktop 1.4.0 and editing/saving (name/notes/placement) works on Fing Dekstop
    Robin