Win 10 Desktop - Can not delete device

SECSEC Member Posts: 29
10 Comments Photogenic
Can't delete a device which is not on network, I no longer own. "Remove from list" button doesn't work. Additionally, once I try the  remove button, go back to the "Connectivity" (left menu item) and try "See last scan" a blank page comes up. If I then go back "Scan for devices" the non-existent device re-appears and "See last scan" then shows a scan - don't know whether it's the last or a previous scan since it shows the non-ext?

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,227
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @SEC
    Thanks for your post. Probable Solution for this is to upgrade or reinstall the WinPcap application and it will work.
    Fing agent needs the Windows libraries which are installed with the WinPcap package during FingDesktop installation, it used to make packet capture and filtering useful our engine to protocol analyzers and network monitors.

Fing agent service cannot work properly without the correct installation of WinPcap. 

Please open the command prompt and return the output:
    • sc query npf

it's useful to understand if the WinPcap has been installed correctly and it is running properly.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SECSEC Member Posts: 29
    10 Comments Photogenic
    OK. See the attached CMD output. Don't have a clue what it means.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,227
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @SEC
    Can you please uninstall the WinPcap and reboot device and install the latest version of Win10Pcap from: http://www.win10pcap.org/
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SECSEC Member Posts: 29
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Curiously, the device no longer shows.  WinPcap for Fing 4.3.1 is on both my systems.
    Robin