Activation Problem

frantigen
frantigen Member Posts: 4
Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
Hi,
I need assistance in activating my new fingbox. My previous one was associated to another email account, but I intend associating the gen2 fingbox to the current email.
I plugged fingbox to the router as standard procedure, but when I launch the activation command from my iPad app, the process and freeze.
Can you support?
Cheers

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @frantigen
    thanks for your post. In your case, you are not able to launch the Fing App. Is that right? Do you have another device where you can install Fing App and then add Fingbox?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • frantigen
    Hi Robin,
    I can launch the app and already have from different devices (iPhone, iPad).
    I scan the network, the app detects the new fingbox and asks me to activate it.
    when I launch the process, the process goes on forever and then does not succeed.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    frantigen said:
    Hi Robin,
    I can launch the app and already have from different devices (iPhone, iPad).
    I scan the network, the app detects the new fingbox and asks me to activate it.
    when I launch the process, the process goes on forever and then does not succeed.
    Can you try to reboot the device while signing out of Fing App and then after rebooting try again?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • frantigen
    Just tried, same result.
    I log out of the app.
    I reboot the device.
    I log into the app again.
    I launch the network scan, the app detects the new fingbox and asks me to activate.
    The led on top of fingbox blinks green and the app says "looking for fingbox".... but nothing happens until the app freezes and closes (both iPad and iOS) - I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    frantigen said:
    Just tried, same result.
    I log out of the app.
    I reboot the device.
    I log into the app again.
    I launch the network scan, the app detects the new fingbox and asks me to activate.
    The led on top of fingbox blinks green and the app says "looking for fingbox".... but nothing happens until the app freezes and closes (both iPad and iOS) - I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
    Do you have any other device on which you can install Fing App and then try to activate the Fingbox?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • royvera
    royvera Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Did you find a resolution?   I have the same issue on my fingbox - green and "looking for fingbox" for 1 hr on two seperate IOS devices.  
  • frantigen
    I polished an old android tablet and used that to activate the fingbox - it worked thanks @Robin!
    Ciaran