Problems with NetGear Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 disconnecting

So if I had hair, I would have pulled it out by now...  I have had this NetGear router for months now and recently, it has started disconnecting randomly.  All of my Nest Cameras go down, and everything else on the 3 channels it has.  I am not sure what is going on.  I have went into the admin tab when inside of the routers settings and preformed the update manually via hardwired after resetting the router.  I have tried bypassing my ISP modem/router, I have contacted the ISP and had the wireless feature on their router turned off, still nothing is fixing the issue.  If anyone knows a lot about this router... PLEASE HELP.  I feel like I have a $300 paperweight which is hard to swallow... 

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @The_Big_EZ thanks for asking your question.
    When you contacted the ISP, did you ask them to place their communication device in pass-thru or 'bridged' mode?  Make sure that you tell them that you have your own router and only want their device to act as a modem.
    Once that's ensured then (and I think you've already performed this action) but factory reset the Nighthawk (great router, by the way) and re-flash the most recent firmware to it.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    The_Big_EZ
  • verojinkverojink Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    You have wifi disconnect problem 
    On the internet, I found some like  Inaccurate WiFi mode
    Use the same steps and go to the wireless adaptor setting or press the Windows key + R together on the keyboard and open the Run Box.

Type devmgmt.msc and Press OkNow you should be Under device manager Please Locate Network adapters and click on it.Dabble click on it the WiFi adapter that you are using and Under Properties Click on AdvancedUnder Here You can select Your Wireless Network Mode and set it to dual-band if possible set the 802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode to Dual-Band 802.11a/b/g or 802.11a/b/gSource:- WiFi Keeps Disconnecting 

• verojinkverojink Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    • Go to wireless adapter settings Or Press the Windows Key + R Together on keyboard & Open the Run Box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and Press Ok
    • Now you should be Under device manager Please Locate Network adapters and click on it.
    • Dabble click on it the WiFi adapter that you are using and Under Properties Click on Advanced
    • Under Here You can select Your Wireless Network Mode and set it to dual-band if possible set the 802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode to Dual-Band 802.11a/b/g or 802.11a/b/g
    Source:- Wifi Keeps Disconnecting 
    The_Big_EZRobin
  • The_Big_EZThe_Big_EZ Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

I will try these today. Thanks for all your help guys. I did ask about bride mode but they said the router/modem the ISP provided cannot go into that mode. I managed to get the customer service rep to let me know they have a different brand of router/modem, and I need a new cable box as well, so hoping for something better. I'm going to see if the have just a modem. The tech I spoke with also turned off the wireless, but I had that turned off before I called. I did a firmware update with it plugged into my computer via ethernet, which seemed to have helped. I just bought 250 yds of cat6 cable hoping that I will see a little difference. Definitely going to try the run command. I appreciate it! Keep you posted. Please feel free to add if you have any other ideas.

• The_Big_EZThe_Big_EZ Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment