new WIFI, but fingbox is still connected to old wifi

TomNJTomNJ Member Posts: 1
I recently upgraded my router to eero Pro with two Beacons..wife and kids are very happy!  I created a new WIFI name and strangely, fingbox is still somehow showing it's still connected to old WIFI network, with devices connected too.  What is best way to reset or add it to my new network?  I must be missing something very simple
Thank you in advance

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TomNJ welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    In my opinion the best way to approach this would be to reset the Fingbox to factory defaults and set it as if it's a new device added to your LAN.
    You should see an inset button near where the power and Ethernet ports are on the Fingbox.  Depress and hold that for roughly about ten seconds and then walk through the motions.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,796
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @kltaylor for the quick advice.
    Hi @TomJ
    To explain: Unfortunately, as of now, there is no way to change the name of the SSID with the current SSID. The problem here is due to the fact that the SSID is saved in the network when the user performs the scan using the Fing App (also when onboarding the Fingbox). After this 1st scan, all other scans are being done by the Fingbox itself, but since the Fingbox is connected through a wired LAN cable, it's not capable of detecting new SSID(s) in the network. At the moment, apart from uninstalling the Fingbox and reinstalling it, there is no way of updating the SSID.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor