FIng 1.3.2 Keep getting 'Test again'

when i finish scanning my network the devices show up ok, but, i can't sort by name. 
if i do i get the something went wrong screen.
i've just installed the desktop app on Windows 10.
I've restarted the app several times. I've made sure there is no instance of it running in the tray before restarting it.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Jackal
    In order to investigate this, I will require log files for Fing Desktop. Can you please Direct message me @Robin
     the log files.
    For Windows users:

Can you try to reboot the windows device and then check? if restarting PC haven't help to resolve this behaviour, these commands may be useful to windows (to launch from Command Prompt as administrator): 

Stop service command: sc stop Fing.Agent

Start service command: sc start Fing.Agent

If the issue persists, to help isolate the issue, please perform the following steps:

TO SHARE LOG FILES:

Share the agent log: To access the agent log files:

1. Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen

2. This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders.

3. Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder'

4. When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'.

5. Please attach both compressed files to your e-mail response to us.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JackalJackal Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment
    @Robin
    I've attached the requested files.
    I've since reinstalled fing desktop with same errors.
    I am still unable to sort by the criteria want and also clicking on technical or summary is a bit hit and miss especially technical view.

admin
    Jackal said:
    @Robin
    I've attached the requested files.
    I've since reinstalled fing desktop with same errors.
    I am still unable to sort by the criteria want and also clicking on technical or summary is a bit hit and miss especially technical view.

Thanks for the log files, Can you please try to run Fing Desktop in Safe mode and then check if you are getting the same result?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    @Robin
    Won't run in safe mode.
    I tried starting the service manually but it wouldn't start :-(
    admin
    Jackal said:
    @Robin
    Won't run in safe mode.
    I tried starting the service manually but it wouldn't start :-(
    Thanks for the feedback. Can you uninstall the Application while in Safe mode and then download a fresh file and install and then try again?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Already did that while i was in safe mode earlier --- no joy!
  • MrScienceMrScience Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    I'm seeing a similar issue in that I cannot sort nor filter my results. I'm not getting Test again just nothing happens when I try to modify the filter or sort options from the drop downs.
    admin
    Jackal said:
    Already did that while i was in safe mode earlier --- no joy!

Fing agent needs the Windows libraries which are installed with the WinPcap package during FingDesktop installation, it used to make packet capture and filtering useful our engine to protocol analyzers and network monitors.
    Fing agent service cannot work properly without the correct installation of WinPcap. 

Please open the command prompt and return the output:

• sc query npf

it's useful to understand if the WinPcap has been installed correctly and it is running properly.

If possible please uninstall the older version of WinPcap and install the latest version of Win10Pcap from here and check.

I look forward to your reply.

Robin (Admin at Fing)